How do I remove unwanted channels from tv guide? (1 Viewer)

mattoid

Portal Member
December 30, 2005
UK
I have installed MP and it is running (freezes, but thats another matter). TV guide is ok and provides info correctly, but it has three channels duplicated and I cannot find where they are stored. It went like this-
I installed MP, then struggled with tv tuning and tv guide.
Manually tuned channels, as autotune would not work.
Eventually got tv guide working, and mp autotuned in to these too, three of these too, the others being overwritten as they had the same names.
I then upgraded to 0.2.0 rc1, and the names of the manually tuned channels got changed to the correct ones for the relevant channels, thus duplicating three. Despite having exactly the same names, I cannot get them to go away. I have deleted the television database files, removed the unwanted ones from the channels list, and I don't know what to try next. The only place I can find them is in the running tv guide, which can't be right.
Any MP legends out there?

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (I was advised to use this..... :roll: )
MediaPortal Skin: MCE
Windows Version: Windows XP
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: celeron 1200
Memory: 640MB pc133
Motherboard: C3M266
TV Card Model: NVTV
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 1.2.0.45
Video Card Model: UNICHROME S3G onboard
Video Card Driver: 6.13.10.21
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: VIA AC97
Audio Card Driver: 5.12.1.3820
Synopsis:: -

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Are they not listed in the MP setup program tv setup - tv channels? Just untick the duplicates, that what I do for the scrambled channels on my tv list!

mattoid

Portal Member
December 30, 2005
UK
already tried that - they aren't there; just the five I want. :?
beginning to think it may be easiest to reinstall, cos I am using a developement edition, not a stable release.
thanks tho!

keitaro

Portal Member
December 25, 2005
same problem, in the configuration screen of the channel first import channel from tvguide and de-select the duplicate channel and it dissapear on the program. the duplicate channel don't appear if you have listed only the channel from your tv scan.

I use RC1 and the last CVS for the RC1 net 1.1 (I thing 05/11/05)

mattoid

Portal Member
December 30, 2005
UK
?

is that the official line - start again from scratch? I am getting close to giving up on this. Nice idea, but its more buggy than microsoft. I would show you some screenshots of the problem, but it freezes before I can close the program to set them up.
Until I see otherwise, I am of the opinion that This Is Shit
prove me wrong?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
I don't think anybody needs to prove anything, and I don't think anybody needs to be rude.

Edit: I mean, seriously. Everyone on these forums is doing tech support for free. The program is free. Yet nearly every day someone comes along who seems to think that the developers and people on the forums owe them something.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Re: ?

Dont mind if I take you apart for this.

mattoid said:
    is that the official line - start again from scratch? I am getting close to giving up on this.

When settings get as muddled as this yes, best option is to delete the config files and reset it up. 5mins work tops and its much easier than step by step trying to fix a bug.

mattoid said:
    Nice idea, but its more buggy than microsoft.

The day MP sees as many developers as Micro$oft has to spare, the day MP because the best HTPC software ever written.

mattoid said:
    I would show you some screenshots of the problem, but it freezes before I can close the program to set them up.

As stated, start configuration from scratch. If it happens again you could put in a possible bug report.

mattoid said:
    Until I see otherwise, I am of the opinion that This Is Shit
    prove me wrong?

Very nice, personal attack simply because you dont have the patience to get it to work. If you can build up something like this software in your spare time you are welcome to it. Its ungreatful users like you that put off our hard working developers....

mattoid

Portal Member
    December 30, 2005
    UK
    Callifo
    don't mind at all, old boy. Sorry if I offend, but that is how we talk around here :p
    I shall try to be a little more international :wink:
    Just for the record, where are these config files? I have just uninstalled and deleted mp folder, and xmltv, and re-setup both, and guess what? Same problem!
    I think I may be haunted...

I'm not ungrateful either, just frustrated!

by the way, I reckon that microsoft employ most of their staff to write pointless code to bloat windows with so that we have to keep going back to intel for faster hardware to run it. :wink: :lol:

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I didn't like your tone either, so I wasn't going to reply, but since you've explained yourself (sort of), here goes...

MP imports any channels it finds in the TV guide. To get rid of these, simply remove the tick from their name. If you delete them, they just come back again. Be aware, though, that there is a kind of bug where the channels do show up when you use channel up and down to scroll through available channels in fullscreen tv.
    I have the issue with stubborn channels popping back in too, but if you remove their tick then you mostly don't see them anywhere that counts.

Also, in tregards to your freezing, it is most likely because you are using VMR9, which is the best option but most onboard Gfx cards are not powerful enough to run it. Either switch to VMR7 or buy a better Gfx card, at least a 5200, which shouldn't cost much at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom