How does tv series use watched icons and media logos? (1 Viewer)

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Made a theme for streamedMP 1.8 for MP 1.3a themes and having an issue with TVSeries not pulling some images from the Themes folder, namely the watched icons in the lists and media info logos, the replacement files exist in the correct place in the Themes folder but TVSeries seems to not look for them or ignore them and use standard skin images.
    Does TVSeriest pull these images differently that would effect themed versions?

Movingpictures uses the same media logos and pulls them ok so I know they are present and correct.

Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Logos are defined in TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml. TVSeries basically evaluates all the conditions and then joins all the images together.

The watched/unwatched icons in list are loaded from media folder via plugin.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Im not sure how themes work as I havent looked into it so if something needs addressing let me know.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Im not that knowledgeable myself, I've read the wiki thats all, the wiki states

Theme files have priority over default skin files

When the skin engine needs to load a skin xml file or an image it first looks in the Themes directory for the selected theme (if one was selected by the user). If it finds, in the theme, a skin xml file or image of the same name as that which needs to be loaded then it loads it from the theme. If it does not find an exact match in the theme then it simply loads it from the default skin location (outside the Themes directory). MediaPortal incorporates this theme prioritization behavior for every skin xml and image file it loads including all of the built-in plugins.
    It only seems to be tvseries that isnt following that as far as I've seen so far but I'm yet to theme many other plugins.

I have done movingpictures and mvcentral though, both of which use the same mediainfo logos and they use the themed ones, but as said, tvseries uses default skin ones.

I don't know if it is a tvseries issue, I only posted here because it only seems to be tvseries that is effected currently.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It would seem for themes to be FULLY compatible with tvseries a code change will need to be made, would need to detect current theme and attempt load of image from appropriate directory.

A few places load images from code:
    • new image indicator on series thumbs
    • watched/unwatched icons in facades
    • notify dialog icon
    there is also anything defined in logo rules of skin settings.

Note: im sure tvseries is not the only plugin that needs updating to fully support themes, its just more obvious.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Shangostar, I have updated support for Skin Themes in SVN. It should support everything so please report back if it doesnt.

Note: to have themed logos be sure to include TVSeries.SkinSetings.xml in your theme folder with updated location of mediainfo logos.

Attachments

• tvseries.rar
      814.5 KB

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Thanks, not been tinkering with my MP for a while been busy but will take a look when i get a chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom