How does TVServer handle tuners? (1 Viewer)

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium SP1
I've been using mp for over year now and I think it is great. Way more customisable then 7MC and although I found it very difficult to get stable, at least before the 1.0 release, it is much more fun to and use. Anyways when I started using mp I had a nova t500 pci tuner which would take about 30 seconds to become available after a resume. After about 6 months I got fed up of random missed recording because the tuner didn't wake in time or tvserver just hanging because no tuner was available, so I bought a kworld pcie tuner which wakes instantly, no need for restarting tvserver every resume etc...
The thing is I still have my t500 in the htpc and it seems silly having a second dual tuner not being used so I was thinking of trying to use both tuners in mp. However I don't want to have to set tvserver to restart every resume and then delay that 30 seconds until the t500 is avaiable. So what I would like to know is how the tvserver handles tuners, what I mean by this is in the past it seemed to me that when the pc wakes from s3 and the tuner hasn't resumed yet, although tvserver hasn't restarted it knows the tuner isn't there and even when the tuner then becomes avaiable tvserver refuses to see it until you restart the server. So is that correct in terms of how the server sees tuners?
Also I've seen the option to preload tuners but I can't seem to find out what that means, would this be of any use to me?
I hope all of this makes sense, I'm basically trying to see if theres a way to have my nova t500 and my kworld pcie tuner both be used by tvserver without having to restart the server/reintialise the tuners even resume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom