How install DirectX 9.0c on Windows 10? (1 Viewer)

DavidR63

July 25, 2015
Home Country
France France
Hello

May be it can help you, I had the same problem even if I'm using Windows 7 (same error direct X 9c message during MP2 install).
By just installing the web direct X install, nothing happened because my Windows 7 has already direct X 10.1. It' not explicit, you have to check the c:\windows\logs\directx.log.
By installing direct x with the link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8109 which is the SDK, it can be installed even with a more recent version already installed. And now, the MP2 setup is working.

Ralf Becker

Portal Member
July 21, 2015
München
Home Country
Germany Germany
@ David: I will try your proposal as well, however I already installed the SDK several times during the last days, and MP2 always asked for the missing 9.0c. I'll give you feedback here how it worked on my PC.

mpproblem

Portal Member
July 28, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am experiencing same problem on virgin Win 7 system, built just to test MP.
it would be helpful, that dependancies could be highlight at start, because worried as to what follows after DirectX 9.0c. component

using AMD64 (ACPIx64-based) computer (HP dx2450) with "Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nforce 430"
driver supplied Nvidia Corp version 8.17.13.0783 (2012)
files C:\Windows\SysWOW64\D3DX9_41.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\D3DX9_43.dll both located in stated directory

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I had the same issue. Clean Win 10 install, "standard" installer was complaining about missing DX 9.0c.

This helped (naturally, running dxsetup.exe after unpacking the archive):

The new installer however did not work. I forgot to store the logs and now that DX is installed, it doesn't fail any more. Before I installed DX, it failed because it couldn't cache the DX installer. There was a long numeric code about that and logs clearly indicated that there was a problem with hashing / caching the dxsetup (but not VS runtimes).

After manually installing DX, installer completes with success. Moving on to setup now :)

ratata

Portal Member
    December 30, 2011
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ...after manually installing DX, installer completes with success.

- Same here. But for some reason I had to start with the June2006 distribution and the June2010 distribution on top of that. Just one of them didn't do the trick, no matter which one. It had to be both. Odd.

ratata
    Sweden

carringbush69

Portal Member
    August 22, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all

New to MP2. I would describe myself as a hack, I can fix most things as long as the instructions are clear but I don't always understand what I'm doing.

I have a clean install Windows 10 on the following hardware.
    ASRock FM2A88M-HD+ R2.0 motherboard
    AMD Processor A6 6420K APU
    AMD Radeon HD 8470D
    Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 (8900)
    LG BR Drive

All drivers appear to be up to date.

I have downloaded the directx 9.0 installer form here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8109 as recommended on http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_..._Installing_MediaPortal_2#System_Requirements

The Directx installer says 'You must be running Windows 98, Windows Millennium, Windows 2000, Windows xp or Windows server 2003 family to install directx 9.0'

I have tried running as Admin but the message is the same.

Any advice on how I can install it successfully would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom