How long til MP2 is takong over MP1 (1 Viewer)

jarsve

Portal Member
January 26, 2012
Home Country
Norway Norway
Is there a schedule about this? I mean is there really a timeframe til we get the final MP2? Or is it just a dream?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Jarsve!

Obviously the schedule on the jira board is a lot behind but I think it's realistic the expect the beta version at some point this year.

Cheers,

Rico

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I understand it. There is currently no plan to drop MP1.
    I'd guess as long as there are users using MP1, and developers who work on it, it will live on.
    The MP2 beta is planned for this year, but other them beta might imply it will quite likely not be feature complete.
    It will be more like a: All core features are there and working good enough to call them beta.
    Please don't nail me on this post, that's like I see it within the short period that I'm on board.

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Well once a final version has been uploaded I'm sure the masses will make the move over from MP1 to MP2. I know I will.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well once a final version has been uploaded I'm sure the masses will make the move over from MP1 to MP2. I know I will.
    I will certainly upgrade from MP1 to MP2 once MP2 has a final version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    I have never used DVB-S/S2 (satellite), but I do use DVB-T/T2 (terrestrial), and I think that the behaviour would be the same. Generally, when performing a rescan, the recommendation is to select the Enable channel movement detection setting. Wherever possible, this will cause TV Server to: Preserve the channel selection status...
    I have never used DVB-S/S2 (satellite), but I do use DVB-T/T2 (terrestrial), and I think that the behaviour would be the same...
    Hi, I am using MP2 with DVBS2 for longer time. sevral channel have changed their name (eg "Welt der Wunder -> Lilo.tv). Is there a...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Purge old recordings DE
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom