How often do you update your EPG? (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently downloading all my EPG with a combination of XMLTV and Webgrap++.

I have both set to update at 3am but have noted that there have been a few reschedulings recently that have meant that I made some recordings (though to be honest, this rarely happens).

Just out of interest, I was wondering what others were doing in terms of refreshing their EPG via the net.

Do you, for example, update a couple of times a day or do you get an update just before the TV primetime slot starts?

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I use XMLTV and update daily at midday. I used to do it at midnight but I had some issues with that, I can't remember the details exactly though, sorry.

JonnyNI

Portal Member
    January 6, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi,

I am currently downloading all my EPG with a combination of XMLTV and Webgrap++.

I have both set to update at 3am but have noted that there have been a few reschedulings recently that have meant that I made some recordings (though to be honest, this rarely happens).

Just out of interest, I was wondering what others were doing in terms of refreshing their EPG via the net.

Do you, for example, update a couple of times a day or do you get an update just before the TV primetime slot starts?

Same for me i update mine @ 3am every few days (Mon,Wed and Friday) and download 7 days worth

thought it was abit over kill downloading every day

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the longest time, i updated at 20:00 (8pm). However i just changed my system to update whenever my htpc resumes from hibernation, with the restriction that it is only allowed to update once a day. Im not seeing that much program changes shortly before the air time.
    Using WebGrab++ and XMLTV aswell.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I was wondering what others were doing in terms of refreshing their EPG via the net.
    This is going to vary from country to country. I notice that you are in the UK (I am too), and I download the two-week Microsoft EPG (for use with Windows Media Center) manually, once per week. The UK EPG changes sufficiently infrequently for this not to be a problem (for the programmes that I record).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom