[Question] How to access my WebMP from the Internet? (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys.

Since 0.5.0 is so responsive and impressive, I was planning on configuring my system to allow access to my server from the Internet. This is mainly to allow me to schedule recordings whilst away from home, but I may use it to stream LQ video (if my connection speed is man enough).

What ports do I need to forward in my router settings (clearly 8080) and what changes are needed to my server's firewall (or any other server settings)?

Thanks

Robbo100

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Normally 8080 works, if you only need Access and Streaming. If you want to download the content you have also to open 4322 or this Port which you have set in the Service configuration of MPextended. For streaming ( with Transcoding ) you should have an powerful CPU. My i5 is on 90% on all 4 cores @HQ HTTP stream.

Just install MPextended + WebMediaportal and set this both Ports on your Firewall and you Router. Keep in mind to disable the admin account !!!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    4322 shouldn't be needed for downloading anymore with 0.5, so only 8080 should be fine.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Hmmmm

I passed through 8080, but it didn't work. I must have a problem with my server windows firewall.

I will have a play tonight.

Cheers chaps.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Ignore me! I just tried it from my phone and it works!

It must have been a problem with me trying to access my routers IP address from within my home network when I tried it last night!

Cheers chaps

Robbo100

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It must have been a problem with me trying to access my routers IP address from within my home network when I tried it last night!
    Yes, you can't test port forwards from within your network. They only work with outside traffic ;)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes, you can't test port forwards from within your network. They only work with outside traffic ;)
    Well, the problem is that most (cheap) home routers can't do that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom