how to change server? / see status? (1 Viewer)

markusk

Portal Member
December 1, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
is there a way to switch server in the client-plugin? .. in the wiki-guides i can't see any other way to set the server then on the first-run .. what if i want to change it later on?..

and, slightly related, is there a way to see the status of the connection?.. or at least getting an error if the server is no running or not responsive?..

playing around the second day now, still not having it running, i feel i'm strugginling a little with the lack of information _what_ is not working, finding myself re-installing again and again to start from scratch.. i know, it's an early beta.. but jtlyk..

markus.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi MarkusK :) From MarcusB.

I don't use the tv3 engine at the moment, but I think if you stop the TV server process and then go to live TV on the client, it should ask you to input a server, since it can't find the one you already told it about.

Not sure if this is still the case, but it used to be.

markusk

Portal Member
    December 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    thanks b :), that's correct, and should suffice for the current status of the software i guess.. as that way it's also indicating if a set connection is working or not.

so now that i know that the connection is working, the client is finding the server, how can i find further errors?.. in my case the networked client obviously connects to the server (as it doesn't ask for one), but no data is transferred at all, no video, no audio, no epg or channel-data.. it's working locally on the server though.

[and no, no firewalls.]

thanks, markus.

markusk

Portal Member
    December 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok.. the magic sql browser service.. just realiazed it's a seperate thing and not the sql-server itself..

so judging from the many folks tripping over that i guess an error-checking and reporting for that would be a great relief.. :)

markus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom