How to change the Channel Name on rescan (1 Viewer)

Hattermann

Portal Member
February 2, 2020
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I am using MP2 with DVBS2 for longer time. sevral channel have changed their name (eg "Welt der Wunder -> Lilo.tv). Is there a way to get the new names on a rescan?
Done several rescans now, but the name is still the old.

Thomas Hattermann

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there a way to get the new names on a rescan?
    I have never used DVB-S/S2 (satellite), but I do use DVB-T/T2 (terrestrial), and I think that the behaviour would be the same.

Generally, when performing a rescan, the recommendation is to select the Enable channel movement detection setting. Wherever possible, this will cause TV Server to:
    • Preserve the channel selection status (i.e. either selected for inclusion in the EPG, or deselected so they are omitted from the EPG).
    • Preserve the recording schedule.
    • Preserve channel-name edits (this means that the channel name won't change on a rescan).
    In your case you want the channel name to change for those few channels. There are three ways to achieve this:
    • Simply use the channel edit panel to change the name of the channel (in "TV Server Config", on the "TV Channels" panel select the channel that you want to change, then click "Edit" near the bottom of the panel; on the "Edit" panel, type the name that you want).
    • Delete the channel and then perform a rescan. To TV Server the channel will appear to be new, so TV Server will add it to its database with the new name. However, the recording schedule for this specific channel will also be deleted, so you would need to recreate the recording schedule for that channel.
    • Delete all of the channels, and then perform a rescan. Your entire recording schedule will also be deleted. It it sometimes necessary to do this if the channel database has become corrupted, but otherwise it is not recommended.
    Of the three alternatives, the first choice is the simplest.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom