[How-to] compile OnlineVideos from SVN (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Uninstall TortoiseSVN then reinstall, after that I'm out of ideas.

Will try some things and play a bit with the settings.. Can you sent me the latest svn mpe1 file in the meanwhile maybe? Please?:sorry:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Going back to the original question about compiling the SVN, it seems that Visual Studio is required to compile from the batch files, unlike compiling MediaPortal from sources which doesn't require it (I previously had a trial version of VS2010 installed but not anymore).

This error occurs,

"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1835,9): error MSB3454: Tracker.exe is required to correctly incrementally generate resources in some circumstances, such as when building on a 64-bit OS using 32-bit MSBuild. This build requires Tracker.exe, but it could not be found. The task is looking for Tracker.exe beneath the InstallationFolder value of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A. To solve the problem, either: 1) Install the Microsoft Windows SDK v7.0A or later. 2) Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. 3) Manually set the above registry key to the correct location. Alternatively, you can turn off incremental resource generation by setting the "TrackFileAccess" property to "false". [D:\Store\Compile\Online Videos\SiteUtilProjects\OnlineVideos.Sites.offbyone\OnlineVideos.Sites.offbyone.csproj]"

Tracker.exe doesn't exist on my system.
    Win7 SDK 7.0a IS installed.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure if it will help, but can you try to change
    from
    Code:
    "%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBUILD.exe" /target:Rebuild /property:Configuration=%BUILD_TYPE% "..\OnlineVideos.sln" >> %LOG%
    to
    Code:
    "%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBUILD.exe" /target:Rebuild /property:Configuration=%BUILD_TYPE% "..\OnlineVideos.sln" >> %LOG%
    in the file Build_OV_MP1_Release.bat?

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not sure if it will help, but can you try to change
    from
    Code:
    "%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBUILD.exe" /target:Rebuild /property:Configuration=%BUILD_TYPE% "..\OnlineVideos.sln" >> %LOG%
    to
    Code:
    "%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBUILD.exe" /target:Rebuild /property:Configuration=%BUILD_TYPE% "..\OnlineVideos.sln" >> %LOG%
    in the file Build_OV_MP1_Release.bat?

Lot's of these unfortunately.
    "Configuration\SiteSettings.cs(232,52): error CS0241: Default parameter specifiers are not permitted"

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah darn, so the 4.0 Compiler is required :( Googleing told that it seems to be a bug that Tracker.exe is not installed with MsBuild 4.0.
    So you can either install VS2010 (Express would be enough) or figure out how to set "TrackFileAccess" property to "false" (I guess in every project?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom