[How To] Control Mediaportal with your voice using WSRmac (1 Viewer)

xtreme84

January 8, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I've been googling like crazy for the last 4 hours to find a way to disable the WSR built in commands so that I can use it purely with custom macros.

My goal is also to be able to control Mediaportal with my voice instead of a remote, atleast in the menus (dont know if I will be able to get any commands to register while watching a movie with loud audio).

I was thrilled when I saw that you were working on a workaround for the basic commands.

I'll check back here often to see if you make any progress :)

Awesome initiative! Keep up the good work man!

techmasterjoe

Portal Member
February 18, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
this is what i want to do so. i will start working on a new program like WSR but more locked down to MP so it will only control it and nothing more

side note I'm 90% done with a app that removes output from mic input using active sound cancellation
it runs a speaker test to find room echo and # of speakers then tests phase then uses
"stereo mix / what you hear " to remove it from input commands
I'm 90% done just trying to refine it a bit so it's not using 15-23% cpu all the time (on a quad core at 3.8ghz)
that's running in a 10ftX12ftx9ft room with a 7.1 1800watt system with 2 more 1000watt subs
i use a 2 point stereo mic needs to be a stereo mic sry only way to kill 99% of all noise
and get a clean voice from 5-20 ft away

i have it setup with a room DB setting as well it looks at a scale i have for vol lvls and checks mic before and after
output cancellation to check vol lvl so if something loud comes on it will turn down gain so room avg is the same
works both ways will turn up a movie that's really soft and hard to hear to a standing avg
like full room normalization (atm checks 60 times a sec. so it's really fast might make it a user setting to reduce load)
can be set to add a set amount for changing room noise (ex a window A/C turning on and off kicks up or down a set amount
still trying to automate this but will randomly ramp out of control so it's a user setting "room noise boost lvl (2%) "
supports mic profiles for high-end mics or cross calibration using RoomEQ and a flat response DB Mic (took forever to setup)

i say 1 month tell release for bata

will req
dual core cpu at 2ghz for anything running 5.1 audio and up
(work on atom 330 and D510 ok so far but not if running HD nvidia ION REQ)
it needs so far a hard avg 256-512mb ram (this is year 2010 we can all cover that by now)
load and audio channel are almost linked more channels more load more ram
plain stereo avg 64mb of ram and 4% cpu

will work in vista and win 7 just need to enable stereo mix will post a how to when the time comes
works with XP sp3
REQ .net 2.0 and 3.5 same in vista win 7 comes .net installed
req VB same as MP so if MP runs so will it ;)

so far it can pick up a computer command if I whisper from 10ft away with sound at max and a room at 149.7DB
with pink noise so i think it works

launch date any time from 8-10-10 to 9-1-10 will see still cleaning code

my setup
4 HTPC's
all i7 920 with solo gtx295's
room was tested in solo HTPC room
off the shelf cheep 35$ stereo mic
dual Panasonic PT AE4000U projectors with 106inch screen and filters for 3D "blackdiamond screen so worth it":eek:
true 7.1 sound avg 75db at night to peek with both 18inch subs going at 150.1DB
sry for adding this to your thread but i think this will help with it soon
will try and get it out asap been fighting cancer so i have to work around treatments:mad: i am 24 why me

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [How To] Control Mediaportal with your voice using WSRmac

sounds really impressive, I'm just hoping that this also (alt least partly) be possible on an atom/ion combo...

cheers and good luck!

joystick

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    this is what i want to do so. i will start working on a new program like WSR but more locked down to MP so it will only control it and nothing more

side note I'm 90% done with a app that removes output from mic input using active sound cancellation
    it runs a speaker test to find room echo and # of speakers then tests phase then uses
    "stereo mix / what you hear " to remove it from input commands
    I'm 90% done just trying to refine it a bit so it's not using 15-23% cpu all the time (on a quad core at 3.8ghz)
    that's running in a 10ftX12ftx9ft room with a 7.1 1800watt system with 2 more 1000watt subs
    i use a 2 point stereo mic needs to be a stereo mic sry only way to kill 99% of all noise
    and get a clean voice from 5-20 ft away

i have it setup with a room DB setting as well it looks at a scale i have for vol lvls and checks mic before and after
    output cancellation to check vol lvl so if something loud comes on it will turn down gain so room avg is the same
    works both ways will turn up a movie that's really soft and hard to hear to a standing avg
    like full room normalization (atm checks 60 times a sec. so it's really fast might make it a user setting to reduce load)
    can be set to add a set amount for changing room noise (ex a window A/C turning on and off kicks up or down a set amount
    still trying to automate this but will randomly ramp out of control so it's a user setting "room noise boost lvl (2%) "
    supports mic profiles for high-end mics or cross calibration using RoomEQ and a flat response DB Mic (took forever to setup)

i say 1 month tell release for bata

will req
    dual core cpu at 2ghz for anything running 5.1 audio and up
    (work on atom 330 and D510 ok so far but not if running HD nvidia ION REQ)
    it needs so far a hard avg 256-512mb ram (this is year 2010 we can all cover that by now)
    load and audio channel are almost linked more channels more load more ram
    plain stereo avg 64mb of ram and 4% cpu

will work in vista and win 7 just need to enable stereo mix will post a how to when the time comes
    works with XP sp3
    REQ .net 2.0 and 3.5 same in vista win 7 comes .net installed
    req VB same as MP so if MP runs so will it ;)

so far it can pick up a computer command if I whisper from 10ft away with sound at max and a room at 149.7DB
    with pink noise so i think it works

launch date any time from 8-10-10 to 9-1-10 will see still cleaning code

my setup
    4 HTPC's
    all i7 920 with solo gtx295's
    room was tested in solo HTPC room
    off the shelf cheep 35$ stereo mic
    dual Panasonic PT AE4000U projectors with 106inch screen and filters for 3D "blackdiamond screen so worth it":eek:
    true 7.1 sound avg 75db at night to peek with both 18inch subs going at 150.1DB
    sry for adding this to your thread but i think this will help with it soon
    will try and get it out asap been fighting cancer so i have to work around treatments:mad: i am 24 why me

Wow, that does indeed sound impressive. When you say you code something similar to WSR, does that mean it will have the same function or be completly restricted to MP.

I would really like to be able to do some funny stuff additionally, like let read back the weather or the news etc.

If that would be the case my efforts are pretty useless for now and i would rather wait for your first beta. If you need any help though - i'd be your man (;

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    This sounds really cool. Not sure it is more practical than a remote, but it is definitely cooler.

BalthazarKitty

Portal Member
    May 3, 2010
    Home Country
    techmasterjoe:

This sounds like an impressive piece of software, I am hoping that this is still in the works. Any update on a launch date?

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It was too good to be true right...

Anyways being able to control MePo with voice commands would be sooo cool! Although I do think some kind of sound cancellation is required to control it during playback? Is this not implemented in this MS program?

Will the solution in this topic enable me to tell MePo things like "start playing playlist X" or "open plug in X, select 4th item in list" for let's say starting a Shoutcast stream? A good implementation of this feature would really leave all other Media Centre solutions behind!

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey techmasterjoe, any word on your software, I"m currently finishing my BA at SAE so I love any thing sound orientated.... Do you code for a living, as I'm also currently working on a very cool project you might be interested in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom