[How To] Control Mediaportal with your voice using WSRmac (1 Viewer)

fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
Just had a quick go with Simon 0.3... this is amazing!

Has someone tried to create a scenario for MP with this?
This could be awesome...

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Fripsy,

Will Simon do the noise cancellation so that it will work whilst media is being played within MP?

Robbo100

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I tried Simon last night, and I was quite impressed. However, I was using the normal microphone I have positioned under my TV (which I can happily sit and use with Skype whilst sitting 3 metres away) and Simon would not listen to my commands unless I had my head within 4 cm of the microphone.

Clearly this is not sufficiant for HTPC usage (irrespective of noise cancellation), and I refuse to sit wearing a wireless headset whilst watching TV :).

Is there an update to the noise cancellation work discussed earlier in this thread?

Robbo100

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    In theory...

If any output sound could be distracted from the microphone input, the resulting signal could be amplified unlimited, thus picking up a command a mile away... in theory...
    Had a quick look at how to capture output sound at the mixer level... seems complicated...

Would really like to integrate Simon (or some simular plugin) with MP, even if it is just to show off...

schoko88

Portal Member
    April 7, 2011
    AW: [How To] Control Mediaportal with your voice using WSRmac

ich hättte gerne die commands nur leider kann ich in google nich downloaden die datein sind immer 0 groß

jazzor

Portal Member
    October 8, 2006
    Maybe this could help?
    KinecTunes - Controlling iTunes with your Voice - KinectHacks.net
    As far as I understand, the kinect micro itself subtracts the surrounding sounds from your voice, when the official sdk is used.
    So maybe, it could be easier to integrate this with some sort of kinect-plugin, that voice and gestures can be used to control mediaportal in general. :)
    I'm not into coding but maybe I could help around with some serious bugtesting, because i got a kinect right here.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there somebody still developing something like this for Mediaportal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom