How to debug crash in MePo 1.7 probably caused by plugin (2 Viewers)

Tim Whittington

Portal Member
May 19, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Attached DLL is confirmed to fix crashing, but I'm getting mixed results.

Videos where the refresh rate ends up 50 Hz play fine (if you don't count the 2-3 second delay changing refresh rate).
Videos that switch the display to 23 or 24 Hz see the render times gradually climb to 100ms (along with lots of dropped frames).
(This is a mix of SD and HD, so hardware acceleration isn't obviously a culprit).

Playing the same 23/24 fps video with refresh rate switching turned off (display at 1080p/60 Hz), the render times are 8-11 ms and no dropped frames.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please post some screenshots with the render stats shown on screen (Shift + 1 to enable/disable those) when you experience this, and the logs.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi :)
    This is a DLL based on 1.7.0 Final (I have comment out the FixDWM call).
    It seems like HomeY find that it crash on thread related to suicideform (i'm sure it's for vista related but not anymore needed for Win7 and Win8)

Can you try ? :)

Hi,

just wanted to say that I had a similar problem with MyAnime3 since ~ MP 1.4 and up to 1.7.1 in Win 7 and later in Win8.1; i.e. MP crashes in 30% of cases after playing an Anime with next start of a video or returning to main menu
    Reported in the MyAnime3 thread, but Iwerndly was not able to identify the cause or could reproduce it.

Seems like it is resolved with this patch applied; at least it doesn't happend so far

Question:
    Will it be implemented in the baseline for future issues?

Thanks in advance,
    Yhoogi

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have created a branch and not sure for next build, need testing and regression.
    For now it disable for win7 and above but we need to know too why it failed.

If enough testing from vista to win8.1 is done, maybe we can consider it for next version :)

KwizatZ

Portal Member
    August 14, 2010
    Home Country
    France France
    So maybe we need to to remove this hack for win7 and above :)

Thx for your help, without hack myAnime3 isn't crashing anymore.

Unfortunately I can't use refresh rate changer anymore because most videos are now stuttering when refresh rate is changed. It seems the hack fixed this stuttering problems.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Salut :)

All is ok now ? :p

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So maybe we need to to remove this hack for win7 and above :)

Thx for your help, without hack myAnime3 isn't crashing anymore.

Unfortunately I can't use refresh rate changer anymore because most videos are now stuttering when refresh rate is changed. It seems the hack fixed this stuttering problems.
    I don't have this issue. The framerates are as they should be & for switching no problems observed, also (Dynamic Refresh rates are enabled in MP)

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom