How to get Foxtel on MediaPortal (Australia) (1 Viewer)

Neoculture

Portal Pro
November 20, 2011
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have been doing a bit of research, and apparently Foxtel has changed their setup so that you can't use their smartcards in a PC, only in their STB. Which annoys me, because that's the next thing I would like to integrate into my HTPC.

So, as an actual Foxtel customer with a valid (but apparently now locked-down) smartcard, is there a way for me to get Foxtel (or integrate Foxtel Download) into MediaPortal?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Unfortunetly, its always been that way with their smartcards.
    if you have a tv tuner u can get regular "OTA" (over - the - air) channels as they dont need any smartcards.
    Sometimes tv tuners include a hardware MPEG2 input .. use that .. im afraid thats the best that u can get

edit: there are some HDMI input cards out there but ive not used one before (and i dont have foxtel either) but thats how i understand it

Neoculture

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2011
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Damn. I already have a TV tuner (but I need a better-placed antenna - my HTPC is in a lousy reception spot) and I was hoping to pipe in Foxtel directly into the PC.

Bugger.

Right.

Can anyone tell me how to set up an IR blaster to work with MP (and possibly recommend one)? Looks like I'll have to do Foxtel the hard way. :(

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Neoculture! The actual blaster or the plugin? You can use the TVE3 blaster that comes with the IRSS plugin. If is the hardware you are talking about then a media center IR and blasters work great.
    I would also love to have a tuner in my HTPC to put my foxtel card in but like the others I have it piped in to my card via analogue.

Justin

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    the colossus hdmi card might work as its supported by mediaportal.. i dont have foxtel or the colossus to test tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom