How to get Medion (x10) remote working (3 Viewers)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi there.

I've got a remote from an older pc (Medion MD 8008). It is the Medion remote also described in the wiki http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...aPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/15_X10_Remotes (bottom picture). It also came with an INternal receiver.

I installed this in my HTPC and I try to make things work without any luck. I tried the medion website. X10 website. Mediaportal recommended driver in the config. Nothing works! It also seems that every driver is only compatible in XP and not windows 7. So I also tried compatibility mode without any luck.

Biggest problem I have, is, that I have an entry in the device manager under universal serial bus controllers which is called: unknown device. And this stays the same even with installing all of the drivers mentioned before.

I know that the remote works, because it worked on the old pc with XP installed.

Can someone help me?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,
    i also use a x10 remote. Its a different one from yours but that shouldnt be a problem.
    Its actually not that easy if you dont know how, to get them working i find. So i will try to guide you trough.

First you need the right drivers. I have no idea about the ones that are linked within mp, maybe they actually work, maybe not. But im not using them.
    Go to http://www.x10receiver.net/ and download the drivers there. You can download only the drivers or if you want the drivers plus a program that lets you use your remote for a lot of other applications, or even as a mouse in windows. This would cost you a few bucks however.
    So download the drivers and install them.
    After that you go in the mp config to remotes, and then to x10, as shown in the wiki. Activate "Use x10 remote" and then choose "other".
    Now press on learn. In the new windows just press "Start Learning" and then all you have to do is mark an entry in the list and hit the button on your remote that should map this function. When ready press "End Learning", Apply and OK. You can also go a bit deeper if you want and press "Mapping", there you can add multiple actions to a key, or add pretty specific actions you may want.

Hope that helps, let me know =).

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the reply. I will check tonight, and I really hope it will work. :cool:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Still no luck. :mad:

This is the receiver I use.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363769046768.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1363769046768.jpg
      58.8 KB

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I even found the original setup file on that old pc, but it won't install. Gives an error. And when I install it with compatibility mode it runs in the background and stops on it's own, without installing anything.

Really frustrating, because this remote is really nice.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thats strange. The only difference from your setup is, that i am using an external receiver, however i do have an internal aswell and had that one running too (just found that the external works way better when it comes to signal strenght stuff). And i never used that setup with xp.
    I would suggest, that you clean your htpc from all drivers that you have installed regarding the receiver, and then also try changing the usb port it is plugged in. Afterwards try the drivers again =).

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have tried all off your suggestions without luck. There isn't any solution I guess. I kept my system clean. I tried installing drivers and then the receiver and vice versa. Installed it on a different usb. Nothing works.

I guess I will try it on another system and see if that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom