How to I configure MP2? (1 Viewer)

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
October 10, 2009
This new version is driving me nuts. I just wanna add folders for the videos. Also where's the TV button?

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
October 10, 2009
Ok got most of everything working. Got the video folders added and I'm using the slimtv-mpextended plugin for TV. The TV though is kinda working strangely. I have Cable TV coming for a S-Video source and ATSC. The cable channels don't display anything until I give it a second try, but no sound. If I watch ATSC it works perfectly, but when I switch back to a Cable channel the sound now works. Have no idea what this happens. The capture card is a Hauppage HVR 1800. It has hardware MPEG2.

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
October 10, 2009
There's no sound even for video files. I have a Asus Xonar with optical digital out. Maybe that has something to do with it?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have a Asus Xonar with optical digital out. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Very possibly.
    A lot of ATSC audio is AC3/DD which is compatible with S/PDIF outputs. The cable box will be MPEG 1/2 video and audio which is not compatible with S/PDIF. Try a different audio renderer.

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2009
    I have a Asus Xonar with optical digital out. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Very possibly.
    A lot of ATSC audio is AC3/DD which is compatible with S/PDIF outputs. The cable box will be MPEG 1/2 video and audio which is not compatible with S/PDIF. Try a different audio renderer.
    Hate to sound like a broken record but how do I do that in MP2? Is this something that needs an external program?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hate to sound like a broken record but how do I do that in MP2?
    All MP2 settings are available from inside MP2. Have a look through the available settings.

Is this something that needs an external program?
    No... in the sense that there is no external configuration program for MP2.
    If the setting is not available [yet] then [assuming you have an alternative audio output on the motherboard] use Windows to disable your Xonar and try the onboard audio.

Dukenukemx

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2009
    No... in the sense that there is no external configuration program for MP2.
    If the setting is not available [yet] then [assuming you have an alternative audio output on the motherboard] use Windows to disable your Xonar and try the onboard audio.
    Setting available Yet? This MP2 so far isn't worth it. Seriously this UI has the worst conveyance ever. Everything works fine in XBMC including TV. Everything worked fine in MP1 which I'm just going to reinstall and remove MP2. MP2 is not mature enough yet. Not going to disable my sound card on a HTPC setup just for MP2.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You would do well to remember that MP2 is "alpha" software. You should not expect everything to "just work" like XBMC and MP1, which are stable and have been around for years. Nobody is forcing you to use MP2. Further there is no reason to remove it unless you specifically want to, because it can be installed alongside MP1 and XBMC.

[edit: In fact, there is even a specific warning about using MP2 for ATSC TV:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...dated-for-10th-ae-update-1-2014-09-13.114068/

ATSC support can be considererd as broken, as the code part is "work in progress" and not finished.
    ]

Users who are viewing this thread