How to improve TV tuning reliability (1 Viewer)

mr.duck

Portal Member
December 31, 2008
I've installed a fresh v1.02 media portal. I set it up, scanned for channels, watched live TV. All seems ok... then to change channels there is a long delay and media portal pops up an error message. Not always the same error message but usually it's "unable to find audio/video" or similar. If I keep trying to tune to that channel it eventually works after 2-4 attempts usually.

I believe hardware + codecs are fine since only media portal does this. Is there any settings to change to make changing channels 100% reliable?

Windows Version: Win7 build 7100
CPU Type: Athlon X2, 2GB RAM, etc.
1. TV Card: Leadtek DTV dongle DiB7700
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
MPEG2 Video Codec: DScaler5
MPEG2 Audio Codec: DScaler5

mr.duck

Portal Member
December 31, 2008
Check this thread to see if it's the same error.

It might be. I tried changing channels on the same multiplex and it failed. But did work the 2nd time. Before that MP became jammed up and I had to restart the PC to get any TV pictures at all.

I think I will try windows XP just to see if things are going to be any better (dual boot). I will report back when I've tried it but I expect it will be a few days.

mr.duck

Portal Member
December 31, 2008
crap. after all that time setting up windows xp to intall media portal I ran out of disk space! 4GB partition was not enough. I mean windows XP takes 1GB, installing all those updates inflates it to more than 400% of it's original size!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom