how to increase the font size? (1 Viewer)

bash0r

Portal Pro
March 11, 2009
Karlsruhe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

I use MP 1.0 with the newest and stable version of TV Series on a FullHD LCD.

I use the WideBanners layout and i wonder how i can increase the font size.
The descriptions of the series and the episode names are very small and i cant read them when I m 2 meters in front of my TV.
Also the name of the selected serie on the top of the screen is too small. I only have this problem when i use the My-TVSeries plugin thats why I m asking for help in this forum section.

I hope someone can help me to solve my problem.

thx

bash0r

Portal Pro
March 11, 2009
Karlsruhe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Someone must know the answer?!
The episode names are written very tiny. there must be a way to change it....

please..

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is controlled by the skin, its defined in TVseries.xml. Post this in your skin forum for more help, would be nice if you also post screen shots as well.

bash0r

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2009
    Karlsruhe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for your hint.
    i ve edited some of the values and now its like it want it to be, but i think its not that the font size is set to low by default.
    TVSeries.xml contains diffrent font settings, for example font11 font13 font16 etc. But in my font.xml theres only font12 font14 and font18 definied.
    Could this be the problem? TVSeries try to use font16 but its not defined in the font.xml? By adding font16 manually to font.xml, the font size in the TV Series plugin is bigger withpout chaning anything in the tvseries.xml. But the size of the text in the main menu gets also bigger and disappears^^

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, sounds like a bug in the skin. It should only reference fonts that are defined in fonts.xml otherwise they can look strange as you describe.

bash0r

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2009
    Karlsruhe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    so the only solution is setting the fonts of TVSeries to the fonts described in the fonts.xml of the skin?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    so the only solution is setting the fonts of TVSeries to the fonts described in the fonts.xml of the skin?

Correct, you could also attempt to add a new font to fonts.xml, but this may not work as I think there is a limit on the number of fonts you can describe. If you do add a new font, remember to delete your skin cache folder

bash0r

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2009
    Karlsruhe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I added all the missing fonts TVSeries uses (font10 font11 font13 and font16) to the fonts.xml of my skin and i removed the cache folder.
    TVSeries works fine now with the original TvSeries.xml, the font size problem exist just because the font arent defined in the skin.

But this causes another problem: By adding new fonts, the fonts in the skin seem to change aswell :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom