How to install plugins/extensions in MP2? (1 Viewer)

davidprimus

August 9, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Please help with Question: How to ?
I have installed MP2 from the package "MP2-Setup-SummerRelease_15"
Attempting to setup EPG and avoid tedious manual data entry. Looked at how to add plugins, for example Schedules Direct for US NYC area OTA EPG.
MP1 has a lot of info on adding plugins and extension management, even an exe for it. However,
MP2 documentation has no setup information or references for MPEM, MPEI. Cannot locate MDEM executable download.
MP2 GUI has no provisions that I can find to install new plugins/extensions, only to Enable existing
in the Server setup Plugins menu. File associations don't map *.mpe1 so the "double click" documentation
does not apply. Looking at GitHub, MP2 has no separate MPE Installer .exe as does MP1.

Edit: found info on "Metadata extractors" (MDE) for MP2. but no documentation on how to setup and use.

Last edited:

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We are currently working on a package Management plugin, which will allow to install plugins directly from the Client GUI.
    But it is not finished yet.
    Generally you simply copy the plugin into the plugins Directory from the MP2 Client.
    For TVServer plugins it should work as before.
    Someone created Little installers for several MP2 plugin, but couldn't find them now

davidprimus

August 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks. Schedules Direct, plugin, an mpe1, when I extract the dll libraries from the package I see it has no "plugin" xml file as does the other plugins in that folder so I assume it is not compatible with MP2 nor does it load into TVSetup GUI.

Thanks..

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @osre
    Maybe.

@davidprimus
    Please try the post here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/a-couple-mp2-questions.131324/#post-1144141

Having said that...
    Attempting to setup EPG and avoid tedious manual data entry.
    Based on this comment, I'd recommend you pull SD data via mc2xml and import it with the XMLTV plugin. If you use the standard SD plugin you may expect to face tedious manual renaming of channels in order to link up the guide data. The XMLTV plugin enables you to sort that out a bit easier. Ultimately it is your choice.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    If you have MP1 running, you can export the current TV channels.
    Within the MP2 Setup TV you can then import them.

Inside the zip are 2 files
    Drop them into
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\Plugins

fire up TVSetup, you will find them in Plugins
    Configure as needed

Attachments

• schedules_direct.zip
      163.5 KB

tomislavgodena

January 23, 2016
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi,
    I am new with MP2, could enyone help me with plugins installation?
    I have installed on my PC Mediaoprtal 2, and everything work great except plugins.
    I have copied the plugin folders into the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\ (or MP2-Client\Plugins), but after restart server I cannot find them in the list of available plugins or everywhere else..

Any idea where could be the problem?

tomislavgodena

January 23, 2016
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi,
    I cannot find any new plugin that I have installed. On the list of available plugins of the server configurator tool doesn,t appear plugins that I have saved into the plugin folder (C:\..\team mediaportal\..\plugins)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom