How to install plugins/extensions in MP2? (1 Viewer)

tomislavgodena

January 23, 2016
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hi,
The plugins that I have tried to install are: MP2-Extended and Slim TV- MPExtended.
Thx

Attachments

• log4net.zip
    107.9 KB

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MP2-Extended is not going to give you any gui. Note that it's work in progress and more for developers. You can search for the forum thread about the development if you are interested in testing.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    MP2-Extended is a Server plugin, that is not visible in GUI. And Slim TV- MPExtended is a replacement for the "normal" SlimTV plugin. It can not work aside of the normal SlimTV plugin. The Slim TV- MPExtended Plugin is a very old plugin that was meant to use an MP2 Client together with an MP1 TV Server and the MP1- version of MPExtended (to separate them the MP2 version is named MP2Extended). This has limited features due to restrictions MPExtendend has. For thsi the development was stopped a long time ago, as soon as we had a stable TV solution for MP2 ready to use. Most likely it won't even run at all with recent versions of MP2.

I think you want to try the mobile access with MP2Extended... For this you only need to stop MP2 server, copy the MP2Extended files to your MP2 Server, restert MP2-Server and You are done. Now you can connect aMPdroid (if you have Android on your mobile device) or the counterpart for iOS (don't have iOS for this I don't know the name of the app) to the MP2 Server and enjoy your Media and LiveTV on your mobile device...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Let's be honest here. MP2 is work in progress. Some things works but others do not. I'm working on adapting MediaPortal iViewer(the iOS app that uses MPExtended) to work with MP2Extended and the released version of MPiV will not work with MP2Ext. Also streaming is not completed.

aMPDroid probably work better but again, MP2Extended should be seen as a development version.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    MP2 is work in progress.
    Agree.
    Some things works but others do not
    Also agree, but that also is true for MP1 and especially MPExtended for MP1. Sadly the first statement (work in progress) is not true for MP1 version of MPE, so missing and not working things would probably never be added/fixed. The last "stable" MPE version is from 2013 and the "beta" (from 2014 afaik, also very old) never worked reliable. So the chances are good that you get a working solution is at least as high if you try the MP2 version than with the MP1 version...Also I think the chances are not too good at all.

MP2Extended should be seen as a development version.
    Agree again and I think for not so experienced users it's definitely too early to try it, but MPExtended is dead and buried imho and for this no alternative.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I meant MP2Ext is work in progress in my post above.

I really believe that your posts make people leave MediaPortal instead of attract them. MPExt for MP1 were developed during several years and we developed MediaPortal iViewer during those years. A lot of effort has been put in the service and it's stable although the version numbering state that it's not. And yes, it's not actively developed but it's used by several clients with little issues. I know that MP2 usage of the tv part of MPExt were not reliable.

The most common usage(if you ask me) is to use MPExtended together with WifiRemote with a client (like aMPDroid or MediaPortal iViewer). Then the WifiRemote part as important as MPExtended. Other usage is Emby where only the tv-server part of MPExt is used.

A lot happened during a short period of time with WifiRemote and MP2Ext for MP2 and I actively supported this by testing with our client MPiV. But WifiRemote part for MP2 is not completely developed and has issues. MP2Ext has issues. This is fully normal since it's currently in development. It will be better in the end than the MP1 versions. But today it's not and I can't recommend anyone to test it if you are not developing a client for the APIs. We will officially support MPiV together with MP2 and release a new version when everything is working. Until then I, sure, please help out testing your client and give the developers feedback of what's not working. But don't expect that you can connect existing clients and get most of the features working. Things can be different with aMPDroid and much more of the features can work there compared to MPiV. But MPiV uses much larger part of the MPExt api compared to aMPDroid...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom