how to make mce reomote open MP. (2 Viewers)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Difficult one to blindly debug.

Is IRSS running?
    04.jpg

Translator Running in System Tray?
    01.JPG

Correctly set up?
    02.jpg

Maybe anything revealing in logs?
    03.jpg

tattoozit

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2008
    This may be it. Here is a screen of my setup window. I think I added in the wrong section. top not bottom. but when I hit the bottom "add" button and it tells me to press the button I want to map, I press the button and nothing happens. then it times out. The red light on my IR receiver is blinking, so something is happening. I dont understand why it doesnt recognize the button pushes.

toozit

Edit sorry heres my log...

Attachments

• setup.jpg
      setup.jpg
      39.4 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Is IRSS running (picture 1 of my previous post)?

Also IRSS must be configured to receive and transmit your MCE remote.
    See Input Service Configuration on Start menu, IRSS.

Got to go for a few hours...

tattoozit

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2008
    Yeah, both little green icons are in the tray. Ive got to take care of a few things too, so I'll give this a look later, and report back. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

toozit

Edit:::::

Okay, I went into the IRSS configuration and pic one is what i see. and when i use the detect button it detects it as something else. Windows messages. I rechecked the mce boxes. I know it is recognizing the remote I just dont think it is mapped right, because it does open the start properies window. Im not sure.

as in your third picture I think it is, I click on system wide and then click the "create new button mappings" tab and the little window that says, "press the remote button you want to remap" comes up. I press my green start button, and the little red light on the receiver blinks. but nothing happens and the window shows "timed out" and closes. Could it be because my remote is a clone and not an actual window$ remote?

There is mention of my remote here in the Irss thread. but I am not sure he got an answer or if they were event trying to do what I am now. I am still reading the thread but it is like 98 pages long....:eek: Ill be back in a bit...

toozit

PS oh and I have the keyboard plugin that makes all of my buttons work installed Maybe mapping in that is off? just a thought...actually MP isnt even open so has no bearing. nevermind.

Attachments

• configure.jpg
      configure.jpg
      52.7 KB
    • config2.jpeg
      config2.jpeg
      45.7 KB

tattoozit

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2008
    Well, I played with it for a bit but wound up finding this thread. and I gave intellaremote a try. I was able to get MP to start. but not with the green button, but the play button. For some reason I only get that bonk! sound when I push that button while trying to teach the button I want to use in customize. same that happens in IRSS but I couldn't get it to recognize any button presses. oh well, it works anyways.

Thank you for investing your time Rekenaar, I could post the link to the intellaremote site If it is ok. they did in the other post. And maybe someone else out there will have this problem in the future. I see these remotes selling like hotcakes on ebay. anyway thanks again for all your help.

:D:D

toozit

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks for the feedback. All information that could help others in future, are welcome (of course within forum rules).

Have fun :)

tattoozit

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2008
    thanks again, and one last question if you dont mind. I noticed through the kyboardhandlertest.exe that the green button on this particular remote shows as being alt+appkey+enter= 100013. but niether IRSS or intellaremote will recognize it. any thought?

toozit

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sorry, no thoughts from my side...anyone else perhaps?

Crackofdawn

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've installed IRSS and keep upgrading the latest version but none of the IRSS versions I've installed include the translator! I want to get MP to start up using my remote but under start, programs, IRSS, I have no translator option at all nor do I have a translator exe file anywhere in the IRSS directory.

Can anyone assist with this? I installed the latest version (albeit a couple months ago) from the IRSS forum here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom