How to re-Use <recording>.xml in MyVideos? (1 Viewer)

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the first user with this problem but although doing some search I could not find any related solutions in the forums or the wiki.

I recorded quite a lot stuff for my children (Bob the builder, Laura's Star, ...). I use the dvbs grabber to collect the epg data. As a result, there is a <recording>.xml file for every <recording>.ts file in the recordings folders. As I recently ran out of disk space I decided to move the children's recordings and the respective xml-Files to my NAS into a MyVideos folder. From what I read in the wiki I assumed that the information contained in the xml-file (esp. description of episode's content) would be re-used by MyVideo's database but I could not manage to import the content of the xml files into the video database. I also tried to rename them to <recording>.nfo but that did not work either.

I do not need any IMDB or series scraping or additional data from other sources and I do not want to rename all episodes as dvb epg for german channels does AFAIK not provide the relevant SxxEyy information. Simply showing the content of the <recording>.xml file in MyVideos would be sufficient information for me.
    Can someone point me into the right direction how to achieve that?

Regards,
    BartManson

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    anyone? I thought that I would get replies like "rtfm" or "search for... in the forums, this has been asked 100 times before..."
    Am I the only user with this requirement?

Regards
    BartManson

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Recording xml created from TV server is not used by videodatabase, only in share view (if you moved recordings and their xmls there) recording xml will be used on select recording in file list to display some minor info of recording like title, genre, summary:
    Code:
        <SimpleTag>
          <name>TITLE</name>
          <value>Recording title string</value>
        </SimpleTag>
        <SimpleTag>
          <name>COMMENT</name>
          <value>Recording description</value>
        </SimpleTag>
        <SimpleTag>
          <name>GENRE</name>
          <value>Genre string</value>
        </SimpleTag>

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the information!

@Deda: I think what you describe is exactly what I want but as you can see from the attached screenshots it doesn't work for me :-(
    There is a <recording>.xml for every <recording>.ts in the folder but the shares view (in german: Ansicht: Ordner-Struktur) only shows the filename and nothing else.
    Any ideas how to resolve this? Do I have to setup any specific settings in the video section in MP configuration?

Or does this only work with MP 1.4 or 1.5? I'm still on 1.3b ...

Attachments

• shares_view.png
      shares_view.png
      875.4 KB
    • recording_xml.png
      recording_xml.png
      78.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom