How to run TVSeries Configuration without running MP configuration (1 Viewer)

n3w813

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was wondering how I can start the TVSeries configuration screen without having to start it through the MP configuration plugin screen. Like how the setup executable can launch the configurator after the install.

I'm thinking it is a rundll32.exe command but I don't know the parameters.

:D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I created a EXE 'PluginConfigLoader.exe' which I also install into the MediaPortal binary directory. You can pass in the filename to the plugin config you want to load e.g.

PluginConfigurationLoader.exe /plugin="c:\mediaportal\plugins\windows\MP-TVSeries.dll"

Note: I don't provide any support for it, its just a tool I wrote to support the setup program. I recommend against running this whilst MediaPortal is running, you may corrupt your database.

If you want to change the source to suit your needs, go ahead. Its in SVN.

n3w813

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks!! Exactly what I needed. Works great on Moving Pictures also. ;)

:D

n3w813

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    If you already installed TVSeries plugin, then it is in your MediaPortal install directory.

vanka

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Hello. I must say i loved this tool while i still had it working. The other day i installed windows 7 and since then i can only get a message saying "Mediaportal Pluginconfigloader has stopped working" every time i try to use it.

capturemif.jpg

Edit: Added picture. It also happens when i run the tvseries installer and have the option to open mptvseries configuration after completion.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Strange, I have tested on Win7 before and it was ok. Will take another look....what version of MediaPortal are you running plus date of SVN if any.

What happens if you just double click on the exe, does it also crash or do you see the Usage message?

vanka

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    I am running the 1.1.0 with no svn. If i just double click the exe i get the usage message saying no argument specified.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am running the 1.1.0 with no svn. If i just double click the exe i get the usage message saying no argument specified.

Ok, thats good. What happens when you go via the MediaPortal Configuration, does the TVSeries config open up ok?

Also if you can get more information on the crash that would be great..see if you can get any information after it finishes looking for a solution.

If you cant get any information then I will send you a special build to help narrow down the problem...just PM me.

vanka

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    If i go through the MediaPortal Configuration it works just fine. I can't get any information from the configloader after it crashes though because that dialogue just shuts down for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom