How to setup MCE remote control (1 Viewer)

Buffo

Portal Member
September 17, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.4 (2006-08-11)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3400+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: 'K8N-E-Deluxe' (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: -
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Radeon 9800 Pro (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

Hi,

for a few days I am proud owner of Microsoft MCE remote control. I plugged in the usb-ir-receiver and my Windows XP Pro installed the driver automatic. On the back of the control is a sticker: AR Remote Control MCE (maybe it is important).

In MediaPortal I only can use the up/down, left/right, volume control and standby buttons. How I have to setup the settings to use the remote control complete? Also I tried MPTray but nothing happens if I press the Start-button. Can anybody help me? I really searched and read half of the web but I dont't know the right words I have to search for. On MP webpage I cannot find any hints too.

The remote should be installed correctly (no exclamation mark in device manager). Batteires are new and they work (up/down and so on works like I wrote above).

Thanks a lot in advance. If the solution is here in the forum and I did not find it then sorry. Like I wrote above I don't know exactly what to search for and my English isn't really good at all.

Greetz,
DrGonzo

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    what kind of receiver do you use ?

a picture or/and more information would be useful

today there are a lot of different mce remotes ;)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    No screen shots showed up, but I'll believe you :)

The problem you have is that it is not a genuine MCE remote. this means the codes are a little bit different and MP is not recognising them (except for the HID commands like cursor movement). Hope is not lost though, there have been other people with this issue in the past with other not-quite-MCE remotes and D-Man or mPod have been able to add the codes into MP.
    I'm sure they will be able to do the same for you but you may have to provide them with some log files to determine the remote codes.

Hopefully they'll see this post soon.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Enable extended logging, start MP, close it. After that post your MediaPortal.log to http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com and put that link here again.

Also I need to know the exact manufacturer. A weblink would be nice.

After you did that I might add your code to SVN, you'd have to try that and report back if that works. I'll let you know then when it's ready for testing.

Buffo

Portal Member
    September 17, 2006
    Thanks for your help :)

Here the link to the MediaPortal.log: http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/pastebin.php?dl=10652

I don't know the manufacturer :(

A friend has ordered the remote control for me. Here is the link to the online-shop:
    http://nilstech.de/article.jsp?artId=m5087&gid=m37390m43390

I called the hotline for further information but they don't know. It is OEM with different manufacturers they explained me.

Here the whole content of the sticker on the back of remote control:
    AR Remote Control MCE
    Art-Nr.: 1040050
    CE 0536
    Für zwei 1,5V AAA Batterien
    Use two 1,5V AAA batteries
    OR23E
    Made in China by X10

The content of the sticker on the back of the usb-dongle is exactly the same. In addition there is a small round sticker with 06C11 on it.

I cannot get more infos and hope you can work with...

Regards,
    Buffo

Buffo

Portal Member
    September 17, 2006
    mPod: You are the man! (maybe woman?)

After I had downloaded and installed the driver I could see in the attached test tool the keys that are pressed and it was possible for me to remap the keys :)

I thought because of the description in the online-shop that the remote control ist 100% MS MCE remote control compatible. Now I know it better ;)

One question: Now I have successfully remapped the keys in (hard) work ;)
    My friend has exactly the same remote control but a very different configuration of MediaPortal. Is it possible to export only the mappings of my configuration and import them in my friend's configuration without harm the other settings? And of course if it works, what I have to do?

Big thx again. Great piece of software and a great community with competent people around. That's important for your succes :)

Regards,
    Buffo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom