How to show something thats once deleted from database? (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Select loglevel debug+sql, cllick on the details tab (to be safe, check "show hidden" at the bottom), select the wrongly assigned series, right click it - delete - from db only.....what happens at this point? Does the list refresh and is it gone from that list? Or does nothing happen? How does this not work for you? You must have a corrupt database, I dont get it.

You tried deleting the db, where/how exactly did you do that? Please describe. I'm asking because in your other thread you keep mentioning mysql, which has nothing to do with mptvseries.

Tamazerd

August 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I got my series back. I had to empty the database and start over importing all my shows again to get them back.

Inker:
    You right klick, delete from DB only, the show dissapears from the list, just as it should. The problem is that the importer wont find it again. I even tried renaming the folder, wich forced the importer to re-recognize the files. This worked a bit better, i could now see that it found the files and recognized the show, but even after that it wouldent show up in the list again.

Im sorry, but right now my list is ok, and i dont feel like doing it all over again manually just to get the correct logfile. Hopefully someone elese can do it.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Inker:
    You right klick, delete from DB only, the show dissapears from the list, just as it should. The problem is that the importer wont find it again.

I cannot confirm this either, I just Imported something, delete it from db, started a new import, and the files showed up just fine. Did the same thing with a show that couldn't get matched....same thing, works as it should. You don't need to exit and restart the config either.

So I really don't know whats going on there.

Tesla

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Select loglevel debug+sql, cllick on the details tab (to be safe, check "show hidden" at the bottom), select the wrongly assigned series, right click it - delete - from db only.....what happens at this point? Does the list refresh and is it gone from that list? Or does nothing happen? How does this not work for you? You must have a corrupt database, I dont get it.

You tried deleting the db, where/how exactly did you do that? Please describe. I'm asking because in your other thread you keep mentioning mysql, which has nothing to do with mptvseries.

Sure thing. The next chance I get, I will set my TV-Series logs to that level and try that procedure.

I found the DB at \database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 . It seems to hold the Series DB as well as the options settings. If you delete it and then run MP-Config/TV-Series it gets recreated fresh. I assumed it was mySQL5 format because that is what got installed with MP 1.1 fresh install. I have not looked inside it. If it's getting corrupted it seems like it would be TV-Series doing that (not anything I am doing ... I'm just using the interface).

I'm wondering why TV-Series is working fine for some and not for others ... Do you think it might be possible that the version included in StreamedMP-1.2.1.1553.exe is somehow bad (or not getting installed properly) ... while the standalone version of TV-Series v2.6.0.1157 is good (or installs properly because it gets installed by itself)? What do you think? Should I try reinstalling TV-Series v2.6.0.1157 from it's stand-alone installer?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm wondering why TV-Series is working fine for some and not for others ... Do you think it might be possible that the version included in StreamedMP-1.2.1.1553.exe is somehow bad (or not getting installed properly) ... while the standalone version of TV-Series v2.6.0.1157 is good (or installs properly because it gets installed by itself)? What do you think? Should I try reinstalling TV-Series v2.6.0.1157 from it's stand-alone installer?

It's exactly the same DLL, as soon as the release of TVSeries is published it was copied to the StreamedMP trunk. You can do a MD5 checksum on both dlls for sanity if you want. It doesnt hurt to also install TVSeries again on top :)

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I believe this issue is relating to the skip option in the wizard. As a typical man we do not like to read instructions and therefore I did not. Like others (from what I can gather) is that we "assumed" the new wizard was similar to the old importer, just visually different. Due to this assumption I ran through the wizard and once all my files were found I did not review them all as I have well over fifty series, so I clicked next. Again I assumed that the wizard would notify me of any conflicts in name which it ACTUALLY DID at this step but because I did not read the instructions.......
    :oops:
    Anyway I guess the problem starts because of this. At this step if there was a conflict the default option is "Skip" however when wizard is completed it actually still adds the skipped series name to the details tab. If you then try to "delete from database" this series name from the details tab it will not actually appear on the next import through the wizard. I guess this is because the skip option was selected against this series name that was already logged in the database?

Anyway, I have deleted the database and started again, this time using the wizard as it was designed and I have not run into any problems.

Hope this helps people out and guys, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!! HAHA :D

CandyAndy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2008
    Darmstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,

I have the same problem, the program finds only one episode.
    When i start "redo local a parsing test" all season and episode is found. :confused:

Does anybody know how I get the series in the database manually. (if possible step by step)
    I have no knowledge of MySQL Server 5.1

I do not want to delete the hole database or install completely MP new.

Thanks in advance for your help
    with friendly greetings

ScifiJo

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It might not work for everybody, but the solution that I outlined at:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ion-problems-re-importing-after-delete-85479/

worked perfect for me, after I encountered the problem myself of not being able to re-import certain episodes.

Please reply to that thread and this thread if it worked for you, so that the developers know it is the cause for all these weird re-import problems. I've already made a ticket at Google Code, so you can also star the issue #453.

CandyAndy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2008
    Darmstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :DMany thanks RoChess,:D

it works great, no roblems, no complications, except for newbies with the :eek: hidden files :eek: in Windows.

:D:D:D Respect for the verry good answer, for the easy solution and perfect result :D:D:D

in gratitude
    CandyAndy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom