How to shuffle all my music, and how to sort by album artist (1 Viewer)

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
February 2, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am a new user thinking of switching from Windows media centre.

How do I show my music files in Album Artist order?

And how do I play all my music in random shuffle order?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do I show my music files in Album Artist order?
    Switch to “Library view”. Then filter by “Artists”

Views have different levels. Each level can have a different view. For example the Artist view will show you all artists in your collection. Clicking on one will get you to the next level where you can for example filter by albums.

Just check out the submenu at each level.

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    Thanks very much. I hadn't realised that was what filter did.

Is it possible to use the remote control to skip to a letter, or at least to skip right by a screenful (in grid view)?

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    And what about random shuffle - how do I do that?

In WMC I just select Play All, then select shuffle.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And what about random shuffle - how do I do that?
    There's no immediate way at this time. You can play around with "Add to Playlist" in the context menu, which will add the complete view to (a) playlist that you can then start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Can anyone help with this?
    Can anyone help with this?
    Hi, How do I create a music view in the MP1 configuration tool music views section to list all my song tracks under a heading of...
    Replies
    Views
    If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web browser. You can sniff http comunication with the help of Wireshark or Fiddler to determine channel url which can be used to create IPTV channel in TV server. If the url is not static(changes dynamically)...
    If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web...
    So, I appear to have done a successful install of Media Portal (MP2 vers. 2.5) on my Windows 10 machine but I can't get it to get...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom