How to start WebEPG manually ? (1 Viewer)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    MP 1.1.1
    I go to Mediaportal_TV_configuaration, WebEPG, and there's a button "grab now" - the problem is, it stops grabbing when exiting the configuration tool.
    Watching it grab EPG for almost 2 hours is not fun. (2 hours= ~30 channels, mostly from sol.no)

How can I force the EPG to be grabbed in background ? - and why is it so slow ?
    Thanks.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Grab Now is the one to use for manually grab, background only possible with scheduling for now.
    Slow, last time i tested for 49 channels it was 45(6 mb line) min & the reason for slow from SOL is it downloads very much data in detailed grab(from 2 different sites / program). Switching to normal grabber without details it should be much faster, you can however attach the tv.log & I'll have a look on how it grabs...

I wish we had another site like old Dagbladet which had all in one view / channel & was fast, easy to grab, but so far I've found none that has all info, if you find one tell me :)

Regards
    Roy

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The loss of "dagbladet" made me too want a backup source.

I think http://www.se.no looks very useful , enabling "omtaler" shows good descriptions.
    It also seems reasonably fast.
    However, due to finishing of my new home, I am too busy to check if it seems like a possible task for webepg.

-My new home, is built with wall-integrated 6.1 speaker system (no visible cables) and video cables to the main display and projector. - computer won't be visible, integrated in the lower part of a cognac closet.
    there are also 12 points of CAT6 around, even in the washing room - and 4 in my office :)

-so in a way.. I am working on Mediaportal too.. but just for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom