How to stop MP from changing 'internal' channels (1 Viewer)

martyyn

Portal Pro
November 5, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
Hmmmmm cant seem to get any picture through the composite at all.

I now cant get anything through the RF either :cry:

[edit] Well dont know what I did but I can now get the tv back through the rf !

Ive had a play with what you suggested above Marcus (via RF) Although not the best at least it may have been a solution. Anyway I can understnad what your saying and have tried it, but having the channel set to analog means the MPExTunerCmd plugin isnt called to change the channel on the STB.

That must only be called when the channel is set to external which makes sense.

So Im going to have to work out why I dont get a picture when using the composite feed.

Cheers
Martyn

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    now I'm really confused...

So the set up you had was that the channel was external but still tuning via the RF? If that's the case, then you need to recreate what you did with that channel for every other channel but make the channel numbers match the real channel numbers.

Also, to get more information, what actually happens when the channel changes, do you lose the picture or something else?

RCA is still the way to go for the best results (quality and simplicity). Can you confim there is output on that connection and have you added the RCA input in MediaPortal in channel config? It's something like "add CVBS" from memory... You have to add the RCA inpur and then tell MP config that this is the input to use for an external channel.

Also remember that I am working on theory still here. Hopefully someone who actually has a set top box will have more info for you...

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Now please dont ask me what I did but Ive just this minute got it all working.

Cue deafening screaming as I run around the house waving pretty much anything I can find.

I actually have no idea what I did but Ive just raided an old box that has rca to rca cables and everything is working a treat.

I have the channels set up as external and the MPExTuneCmd plugin is working a treat.

Im going to have to take stock for a while and try to remember what it was that changed. Just before it worked I changed the skin from blue2 to MCE but that surely wouldnt have had anything to do with it.

Marcus thanks for the help, you may not have given me a direct answer or howto, but you confirmed everything I was doing and that helped me carry on.

You have no idea how many WAF points I will be getting for this :)

My only hope now is that the channel change will work when I want to record something, her favourite UK program is starting tomorrow night and if I can record the series with this I may well get a decent birthday pressie in two weeks :D

Thanks Marcus, I think after things have settled down I will try and write something up because Ive been trying to do this for weeks and found nothing but dead ends in the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom