how to stop recording on server (1 Viewer)

sand

Portal Pro
January 15, 2007
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
is there a way to stop recording or timeshifting started by remote client ?
my notebook crashed and I can't stop initiated recording without stopping the service and killing recording from server side client...

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    stop the service and start it again.

but if its a scheduled recording, it will start again.

you can also start the client again and then stop the recording with the client

lewi0146

Portal Member
    May 14, 2007
    Home Country
    I agree, I'm having trouble stopping a 'manual' record.

In previous versions of mediaportal on the MyTV page after selecting 'Start Recording', it changed to 'Stop Recording' (or something like that). Now, it stays as 'Start Recording'. Deleting the recording from 'Schedule Recordings' does NOT stop.

After many restarts, I finally had to go into the tv database and remove the tuples referring to the 'schedule' recording.

I think the 'Start/Stop' recording switching disappeared when i migrated to the TV-server and client plugin. I'm pretty sure i'm running

MediaPortal-svn--04-30-2007--01-02-Rev14454
    tvengine3-04-30-2007--01-22h--Rev14454

but an earlier tv-plugin (due to a BUG in the plugin that stopped the TV working)

I hope this is just a feature 'missing in action' due to such a mammoth effort by the developors , and not a design decision to remove the stop recording (or maybe I'm just going batty from staring at a blue screen some much!)

cheers,

Trent

hegu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can you please describe how to delete the recording in the database?
    I have the same problem as you did but I started the recording from the TV server management console. The console crashed and now I can’t get rid of the recording.

Thank you

est68

Portal Member
    May 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You can use the SQL Server Studio Express (free to download from Microsoft - see the TvServer Installation guide for the link). With that tool, you can browse the database and insert / delete records from the Tvserver Database.

The database structure is pretty straight forward, so I think the table you need to look for is called "recordings".

hope it helps

hegu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks est68.

I also found out I could stop it from MediaPortal/My Tv.

Users who are viewing this thread