How-To use Comskip to cut out commercials via MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
As I posted on other thread you need to map chapter skip to 'TVfullscreen' NOT 'Fullscreen video' then it works fine for My TV|Recordings

mendola

Portal Pro
February 6, 2007
Hi,

I followed this how-to but was only able to create those txt-files to skip commercials.

What actually didn't work was that comclear feature to cut away commercials.

Anyone got idea what's wrong?

I loaded latest files from comskip-page.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One thing i would like to point out for me this happens at least.

If i run comskip at the same time as TV recording is being done, when viewing back through recorded TV all the cuts are saved till the very end of the show, so you manually have to FF through the previous ads, real bummer as with automatically skip recording enabled there is no way you can watch the show :(
    but if i run comskip at the end of recording, there is no such problem.

This is using comskip 79.132

ps. think my dualcore system is upto it :D

johnw230873

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    I'm having the problem where Comskip wont process ts file, it does the mpeg files fine (but my engine doesn't record Mpeg fine). The command I am using is

comskip -ts <filename>

the error seems to be "Video PID not found"

any ides

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    found the issue, comskip wont do H.264 recordings

First time i've seen someone say this, but it does sound reasonable considering the format.

Cannot find any info about other format support, not even on the showanalyzer website.

erik1958

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2006
    I looked into adding H264 support to Comskip but it will be terrible slow. Both in implementation (me) and in speed (the CPU)

djfuego

December 20, 2008
    Comskip after transcode :)

I made a transcode script that is run instead of comskip using FFMPEG Just to shrink the old TS file as I have limeted hard disk space I want to reincode/compress the video. You could modify this script a bit to up the resolutions and Bitrates but the commands are all there.

Code:
    @echo Please wait For Transcode to complete...
    [USER=42607]ping[/USER] localhost -n 3 >nul
    echo c:\windows\codecs\FFMPEG -y -i %1 -s 512x384 -f avi -vcodec libxvid -vtag XVID -b 740kb -mbd rd -flags +4mv -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -sn -g 300 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 128000 -ac 2 -ar 44100 -async 1 "F:\TV\recordings\%~n1.avi">c:\windows\codecs\go11.bat
    echo if %~z1 GTR 5000 del %1>>c:\windows\codecs\go11.bat
    call c:\windows\codecs\go11.bat
    msg /time:8 * Transcode of last recording is complete!

You could probably add commskip in after the transcode for it to work successfully. I don't know if commskip is capable of cutting XVID though.

Whats cool about it is you can open other videos with this transcode script and it will go and reincode the video in most cases.

erik1958

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2006
    Did I mention that Comskip does h.264? At least the early access version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom