How to use Pinnacle (PCTV 310i) remote control (1 Viewer)

porro

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
Hi. I've posted my entire profile.ini in page 1 of this tread so you have to copy all text instead of your profile.

I've got a Pinnacle PCTV 310i with remote B so if you have the same just copy my text (search for "Porro").

Bye

frodes

Portal Member
January 13, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I'm not using the Pinnacle remote anymore, and I can't find my profiles.ini anymore. If I remember correctly you can do it like this:

Now the key definitions should be valid regardless of the program in focus.

After you've pasted this is you have to rerun the Pinnacle configuration utility, it will add some more configuration lines to the file.

Hope that helps,

jayrock

Hello.

This was useful. Now I am able to use Media Portal properly. I only have one question : How can i control audio volume? The buttons on the remote does not work. They are 43 + 44.

frodes

Portal Member
January 13, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Sorry, but I have no clue. I used volume control on my amp.

/jayrock

Thats OK. I probably will too, but it would be nice to have.

As you probably understand, I am quite new to this. Getting the remote control to work was the first step. Your earlier post is higly appreciated :D

D

dm15644

There is some keys that have a special name in the config file, like PGDN is like pressing "page down" on the keyboard. Make sure that you have the correct syntax in your config file.

Or, just assign volume up/down in MediaPortal to other simpler keys, like and try then to assign button 43/44 to these new keys.

Hope ist helps,

jayrock

frodes

Portal Member
January 13, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
There is some keys that have a special name in the config file, like PGDN is like pressing "page down" on the keyboard. Make sure that you have the correct syntax in your config file.

Or, just assign volume up/down in MediaPortal to other simpler keys, like and try then to assign button 43/44 to these new keys.

Hope ist helps,

jayrock

I'll have a look at it in the morning. Do you know what command to send to adjust volume?

pedra

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Campinas/SP
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi, i'm new here and i read all post (sorry my english, i'm from brazil), and i have a question: in mediaportal setup->remotes what option i have to choose?
    Thanks!

D

dm15644

Set it to keyboard. The Pinnacle application will just send keystrokes to MP.

/jayrock

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom