[Question] How to view my Movies/TV show in WebMediaPortal (1 Viewer)

luciogod

February 28, 2014
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello everyone,
my question might seem stupid, but I wasn't able to find any information about this.
My Setup :
I'm using XBMC as my client on my HTPC.
Only using MediaPortal server + WebMediaPortal for view live tv and recordings from the web.

I can say that my setup works perfectly. I can watch live tv and recordings from the web @ work or anywhere.
Now the only thing I want, is to be able to watch/listen to my entire movie/music collection.

They are not in the same NAS as my recordings.

Is there a way to add my movie and music folder to WebMediaPortal? Is there a special plugin for that?
thanks!

joxen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    use moving pictuers and mp-tvseries

after setup moving7tvseries enter mpextended and change in plugin to the right path of the data base for the both of them.

restart mpextended and it shoud work.

luciogod

February 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I think it won't work because I'm only using MediaPortal tv-server. I'm not using the MediaPortal client, it's not installed on my HTPC, and i think you can't install MP-TV series or moving pictures without the client from what i understand. Is there a way to install these plugins without the MediaPortal client?

thanks,

luciogod

February 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi.
    Is there a way to install these plugins without the MediaPortal client?
    Short answer, No.

Ok that's what I thought. I'm already using XBMC, all my movies/tv shows/music are on a NAS and i'm using a mysql database to keep track of all this.
    I don't want to add another client. I would have to update everything twice basically IE: movies, tv shows.. etc...

But thanks for the reply!

joxen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    but why dont you install tha client and plugins on tv tvserver pc ?? you dont have to use the mediaportal client only install it ??

and the moving pictuers and mp-tvserver is using ther own database so that wont efect you curet setup only let you brows to your media from web.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom