How's Progress Going? (2 Viewers)

mclog

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Just trying to get a feel how people feel TVServer3 is progressing now. I last tried about 2 months ago and had alot of problems with crashes, losing stream, strange timeshifting things on channel changes, etc.

If stability was on, say level 3/10 2 months, what is it out of 10 now?

Thanks!

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Nearer 8/10 I would say! Lot happier with the latest SVN these days with the TV Server personally!

EDIT Changed the rating to an 8! One problem I have is it doesn't seem to like lower bitrate radio stations, seems that here in uk they are broadcast at different rates. If I select the lower rate stations first I get the 'unable to timeshift' message and if I select it after selecting a higher rate one it just keeps breaking up and stuttering! Hope that makes sense? Did say I was a lot happier with it these days though :)

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If people say 5/10 or 7/10 then it would be nice to know why its not 10/10
    perhaps you can give a small description why its not 10/10 for you.

So something like:

- I miss feature xyz
    - not stable (crashes or not always working 100%)
    - It is stable, but some things dont work (like some particular tvcard does not work)

And also it would be nice to know if this is based on the current SVN version or not.

Frodo

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Working good for me currently. Since I haven't setup an htpc yet, I still have the TV cards in my main computer rather than my server, its good not having to remember to have the MP gui open if I've scheduled a recording.

Zapping channels is a lot better than it was a few months ago for me at least.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    not stable (crashes or not always working 100%)
    Stutter the client, sometimes freeze the client and the server too (I have to reboot the server before the client reconnect)

mclog

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    If people say 5/10 or 7/10 then it would be nice to know why its not 10/10
    perhaps you can give a small description why its not 10/10 for you.

So something like:

- I miss feature xyz
    - not stable (crashes or not always working 100%)
    - It is stable, but some things dont work (like some particular tvcard does not work)

And also it would be nice to know if this is based on the current SVN version or not.

Frodo

Frodo, I'll do a clean installation tonight and list any difficulties I get and try to figure out how to add log files ;)

htpsd

Portal Member
    November 27, 2006
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I give it 9/10!
    Its stable with 3 TV-Cards running at the same time. Switching channels in less than a second -->wonderful!

The only thing thats not working correctly is the order of channels on my clients. On my server I sortet the channels the way i like it. But when I browse the channels on any client the order is diffrent! And its diffrent between the clients too!

TVengine 3 is best running with MSSQL. With MySQL I had some trouble with EPG (imported from Clickfinder)! The EPG did not match the channel. So I was able to watch "tagesschau on ProSieben" :D

I am running on last nights builds. When I tested MySQL the builds were from end of january - so maybe its fixed now!

Great work, guys!

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    >The only thing thats not working correctly is the order of channels on my clients.

Did you order the tv channels in the tv groups also??
    if not, try that

Frodo

htpsd

Portal Member
    November 27, 2006
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your answer!
    I only do have 25 channels. So I dropped them in one group! "Alle Kanäle/All Channels"!
    But I will try it next time I update my transponderlists!

"Feel free and watch television while you are in the bathroom :D It's like a dreams comes true! "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom