How's Progress Going? (1 Viewer)

Moorhuhn

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
For me it is a 6/10. Iam running a multi-seat installation with TVServer and MP-SVN from today.

My points currently are:
1. EPG-grabbing doesnt work for all channels and there are special characters in some descriptions.
2. HDTV-streaming in multi-seat doesnt work at all.
3. I would like to be able to enable/disable the mandatory TV-Server-plugins (ServerBlaster, XmlTv, etc.) by checkbox rather than by not providing a username and password, etc.
4. I would like to be able to configure at what times the EPG-grabbing will be done. E.g. do it once per day between 3am and 5 am.
5. I would like to be able to configure the H.264- and the MPEG2-codec seperately. Not a real TVServer-point.
6. Automatic programming of TV-records by looking for configurable keywords in the EPG-data.
7. When having more than one DVB-S-cards in the server it would be nice if EPG-grabbing wouldnt always stop, when one card is requested by a client, leaving the other card idle, not grabbing EPG-data.
8. EPG-grabber should update the EPG-data in the database rather than only writing new entries.

To 1.: Although I did a lot of testing I was not able to grab EPG-data for "Das Erste". This is a knockout for me as I would need EPG for automatic programming of scheduled records as I do this very reliable with my Topfield 5000PVR since the last 3 years. I would not want to use other services like XmlTv than DVB-S-EPG for different reasons. I also miss some explanation on what the "Timeout settings" (Tune, PAT,CAT,...) exactly mean.
To 2.: As I wrote in another post the TVserver seems to work correct also with HD-content, but the MP-client doesnt show this content whereas VLC displays this content without any problems.

Hope thats not too many wishes. :D

Bye,

Moorhuhn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom