How's Progress Going? (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm very happy with the TVServer running Single Seat configuration. Wonderfull work. I have had some problems but new builds have fixed most and actually some has been down to not performing a clean installation when installing a new build. I'm using mySql by the way. Great work and as this is only a BETA I'm really really impressed.

What are the major missing items before we see a release candidate? Is it stability or new features that will require the most work from you at MP?

mclog

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    GREAT!!! Major progress in last 2 months!

Then, couldn't really watch anything, channel change didn't work at all, would always freeze on change, or give me TV from 5 minutes earlier on another channel, etc, etc.

Now, stream seems to works fine, channel change goes without freezes, crashes, or any other strange behaviour, so far...

Only thing that's disappointing, and it's the same in MP TV Engine, encrypted channel zap is still slooooowwww, close to 10 seconds.

Will keep looking at this now, get some proper behaviour feeling over a few days, and collect logs of any common errors that come up.

Great work TVServer team!

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Only thing that's disappointing, and it's the same in MP TV Engine, encrypted channel zap is still slooooowwww, close to 10 seconds.

Here its < 1 sec on singleseat
    and 2-3 sec on multiseat

Frodo

mclog

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Frodo, I need some advice on improving that then :) Even my FTA don't go in less than a second...

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Top grades for TVE3. The past weeks I haven't experienced any bugs or crashes. The possibility of viewing/recording multiple channels simultanously (only using one tv-card) is a fantastic feature. The only thing I'm missing is DVB-subtitles (sorry for bringing this up again :)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    On the client the TV sometimes stutters, sometimes crashes on channel changing - I like change the channels 50 times in 1-2 mins :). On the server sometimes the tvserver hangs, I can not stop the tvservice, I have to reboot the server.

I will test again with the latest verison of tvserver & client on this weekend.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    regezter - People want to help but need to know the facts about your computer hardware and what codecs you have installed, etc. If you can find the MediaPortal template and fill it out that will be a good first start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom