HowTo: Building MediaPortal with Borland C#Builder Personal (1 Viewer)

Schrauber

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Germany
Borland C#Builder is maybe better than #Develop because it has an integrated debugger. So here we go:

C#Builder can not import the complete Project Group from VS. So you must import the single projects (parts of mediaPortal) step by step.

If you start C#Builder it should start with an empty project group. You must import the single VS projects (*.csproj files) in an specific order. After importing a project you must directly build it. Then go forward with the next. If you dont build it directly, the references will not be imported correctly. So here is the import order:

DShowNET
DirectX.Capture
guilib
Util
Dialogs
Home
TagReader
MusicDatabase
SubTitleReader
VideoPlayer
PlayList
GUIMusic
PictureDatabase
GUIPictures
TVDatabase
TVCapture
GUITV
VideoDatabase
GUIVideoFiles
GUIVideoFullScreen
GUIWeather
nzlib (in the directory mp3TagReader)
mp3TagReader
SetupScreens
SMIReader
SRTReader

Then start the PostBuild.bat in ../mediaportal/xbmc/bin/debug or release, depending on what you want to build (Debug/Release).

Then import MediaPortal as the last step and build it.

Now you have a fresh build MediaPortal.

If you select a .csproj file, C#Builder will automatically import it into its own format. and create its own project file.

You should save your ProjectGroup to a Name you want (MediaPortal).

The project are in the correct build order. So you can build the whole app by selecting project/build all projects. Except of MediaPortal itself. Before this you must start the PostBuild.bat

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I am having some problem with importing the VS projects. For some reason the references to the Microsoft.DirectX.*.dll files are not correct. The path after importing points to D:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Managed DirectX\v9.00.0900\Microsoft.Directx.*.dll. Which is kind of strange since Windows is installed on the C: drive. I located these files on my system and the only place they are is in my normal Mediaportal install and if I remove the imported references and add new references to those files it compiles OK.

I had a look at the #Develop project and it can not load the same DLL's also (when you doubleclick on it). But for some magic reason it is able to compile just fine :? . BTW: #Develop looks in C:\WINDOWS\System32\..\assembly\GAC\Microsoft.DirectX\1.0.900.0__31bf3856ad364e35.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Both SDK's are installed. Since I can build Mediaportal just fine with #Develop I assume that everything is installed correctly. I wanted to try C#Builder to be able to use the debugger.

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    OK, I think I found the problem. Actually there are 2 problems I think.

Problem 1:
    The .csproj files have absolute paths in them. For example the GUIMusic.csproj file has:
    HintPath = "..\..\..\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Managed DirectX\v9.00.0900\Microsoft.DirectX.dll"

which is the place where C# Builder is searching for the component. So it seems that C# Builder is using that information to resolve the references. Since I have my workingcopy located on the D: it ends up in the wrong place.

Problem 2:
    In the .csproj files some references point to HintPath = "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.Data.dll" which on my system does not have the requested files. On my system I DO have the files in the C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 folder (note the difference in versionnumber). Do I have a wrong version of .NET installed? I only installed it a week ago.

Schrauber

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Hi,

I'm not longer able to build MediaPortal with C#Builder. Build runs fine. But if I start MediaPortal, I get an exception. I think its a problem with the resource files. Same as with #Develop. But renaming the files like for #Develop does not work. Only difference to #Develop is, that C#Builder does not convert the *.resx to *.resource. It handles *.resx directly.

Does anyone have an idea?

A

Anonymous

I was able to build Mediaportal, but I also get an exception while starting mediaportal.exe ("corgdbg.exe !a 0x520"). Could anybody solve this issue in the meantime?

A

Anonymous

error CS1508: resource identifer xx has already been used...

Hello,

Has anyone tried compiling MP with Borland C# Builder lately?
    When I try building the software I get 7 occurrences of the above error message. Once on WindowPlugins.FormOSD.resources and 6 times on WindowPlugins.SetupForm.resources.
    I'm no(t yet a) Borland C# expert :) and I'm struggling a bit with the compiler.

What I've done so far is creating a pojectgroup and adding Core, Databases, TVCapture, TVGuideScheduler, ExternalPlayers, ProcessPlugins and WindowPlugins to it.
    They all compile just fine except the last one.
    Any pointers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom