Howto configure setup for use over HDMI? (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    If I set the output to 50Hz, the image/desktop is not full screen anymore and the tv shows 1920x1080@50p as setting.
    Windows still reports 1024x768.
    If I increase the resolution - before of after rebooting - windows reverts to 1024x768@60Hz and that also what the tv reports.
    Isn't that what you mean?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's not clear to me. How can the tv report a different resolution than the pc that is connected to it?
    This is all pointing to a bad graphics driver Have you verified if there is a mobo drivcer available? Chgeck out the manufacturer's website for newer versions.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Good question, that's what I don't understand as well.
    I did check both Intel & Asus for latest driver version but somehow I just found on a specific intel graphics site a file that seems to be newer then the one I installed yesterday.
    It's downloading - quite slow.
    Will install it in a few minutes and report back immediately.[DOUBLEPOST=1388617449][/DOUBLEPOST]@pünktchen
    What do you mean by 'Media Control Panel'?
    The proprietary Intel tool?

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Ok guys, definitely some improvement with that driver! :)
    Now, I can set it to 1920x1080@50Hz in the Intel configuration tool - had a brief look at it but not used it before since I had an additional graphics adapter.
    The image is now full screen and the tool also reports the right info.
    Was clearly a driver issue and I did find it strange that the date from the previous driver was quite old but since that was the latest version from both sites...

MePo and windows desktop as slightly over sized and displaying videos, just from a quick look, have a black frame.
    I guess that's all configurable.
    FYI: I have activated the auto resize plugin - don't now the exact name - just today so maybe this has to be tweaked as well?

There seems to be another 'bigger' problem though: sound & image is not in sync... :mad:

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thank you very much for pointing out that guide!
    I guess that I also have to calibrate the tv so this something for the coming days.

You wrote before to set the driver to 50Hz but both tv and GPU support 1920x1080@60i, so is this not the best setting?

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    pünktchen, thank you VERY MUCH for your guidance and links, they are very useful.
    Because of not having any experience using HDMI, just bought a new tv set (finally switched from tube to flatscreen) & changed the graphic controller, I was puzzled and with your help, the problem got solved.

Are you using the dynamic refresh rate changer yourself?
    I guess I have 2 options:
    1) set the driver to 50Hz and loose some quality when not watching video of any kind
    2) set it to 60Hz and use the tool to switch the frequency
    Have to look into it and see what the best option/user experience would be.

OT: is that your dog on your profilepicture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom