Howto: Hama MCE Remote Control without Focus (with Eventghost) (1 Viewer)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If someone of you is running into problems after the 14/11 update rollup for win 8.1 as I did.
    You have to uninstall the auvisio driver from the control panel and install them again. Don't forget that you will have to start up with the the drivers signature check disabled.

[Edit] Sorry to say that I was wrong. As soon as the sys comes back from standby the driver doesn't work any more. Going back to a backup from before the patch day everything is working fine again. Will have to test all patches now...
    Anyone else having similar problems?

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Help
    I am trying to get this up and running but I can't extract the files from the .rars downloaded from the first post per instructions in steps 6&7. Tried both 7 zip and Winrar both fail. What am I doing wrong?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am trying to get this up and running
    I am not familiar with what the tool that you are trying to decompress is supposed to do, so perhaps it is supposed to do something unusual.

However, if you have the Ortek VRC-1100 remote (or one of its clones), and you simply want it to work with MP, the config file attached to this post will work without requiring EventGhost. It was created by someone in the German MP forum on this site, so I cannot claim credit for it. In "MP Config", you should enable "Centarea HID", and disable all of the others. Place the config file in:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\

The Ortek VRC-1100 is also known as the Adesso ARC-1100, the Auvisio VRC-1100, the Gmyle, the Hama 00052451, and the Sanoxy VRC-1100. Although there are MP users who use the Ortek, it is not without its problems, and is probably not the best choice for an MP remote control.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• Centarea HID.zip
      1.3 KB

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Aw, been some time since I used this. But as far as I remember you don't need the fixed files from back then.
    Just try to install the auvisio plugin in EG and it should be good to go.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    However, if you have the Ortek VRC-1100 remote (or one of its clones), and you simply want it to work with MP, the config file attached to this post will work without requiring EventGhost. It was created by someone in the German MP forum on this site, so I cannot claim credit for it. In "MP Config", you should enable "Centarea HID", and disable all of the others. Place the config file in:

Hi CyberSimian
    Good to see you here as too. That is exactly my preferred option, i.e. not involving EventGhost but are your instructions valid for the current version (MP1.12), I do not see an option to enable a
    "Centarea HID" remote, it looks like it has been included in the generic HID remote section, and I do not have a C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\ folder. Do you have updated info.?

Aw, been some time since I used this. But as far as I remember you don't need the fixed files from back then.
    Just try to install the auvisio plugin in EG and it should be good to go.

OK thanks for that, with a quick test the buttons I have mapped so far seem to be working.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    That is exactly my preferred option, i.e. not involving EventGhost but are your instructions valid for the current version (MP1.12), I do not see an option to enable a "Centarea HID" remote,
    Apologies; in the "Remotes and Input Devices" section of "MP Config", the tab that you want is labelled "Sceneo", and on that tab you want to enable "Centarea Master Remote".

I do not have a
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\ folder.
    The "C:\ProgramData\" folder has the "hidden" attribute, so you will not see it by default. You need to change the setting for "Windows Explorer" so that it shows hidden files. (I use a different file manager that always shows everything.)

Good to see you here as too.
    I used Vista WMC for 5 years, but migrated to MediaPortal 12 months ago. (y)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Apologies; in the "Remotes and Input Devices" section of "MP Config", the tab that you want is labelled "Sceneo", and on that tab you want to enable "Centarea Master Remote".-- from CyberSimian in the UK

OK did that.

The "C:\ProgramData\" folder has the "hidden" attribute, so you will not see it by default. You need to change the setting for "Windows Explorer" so that it shows hidden files. (I use a different file manager that always shows everything.) -- from CyberSimian in the UK

File Explorer (Win 10) is set to display hidden files, also set display system protected files but still don't see it, see attached screen shot!

Attachments

• MP1.jpg
      MP1.jpg
      228 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    File Explorer (Win 10) is set to display hidden files, also set display system protected files but still don't see it, see attached screen shot!
    I upgraded from MP 1.09 to 1.12, and I don't recollect manually creating that folder. But there have been some changes in this area, so perhaps in a new installation, MP 1.12 creates that folder only if something is not default.

All I can suggest is manually creating that folder and placing the "Centarea HID.xml" file in it.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I upgraded from MP 1.09 to 1.12, and I don't recollect manually creating that folder. But there have been some changes in this area, so perhaps in a new installation, MP 1.12 creates that folder only if something is not default.

All I can suggest is manually creating that folder and placing the "Centarea HID.xml" file in it.

After some messing around, I'd forgotten to uninstall the EventGhost Auvisio driver, I did that and it works, including the mouse(n). Many thanks I was beginning to despair of getting a working remote, I can now continue with my migation plan.:) All looks good now on my desktop Win 10 PC and with a good working remote I can further test in paralell to WMC on my Win 7 HTPC prior to a Win 10 upgrade.
    BTW would you consider stating a new thread "Hama MCE Remote without EventGhost", detailing this much simpler method, of using these remotes I think it would me most usefull for others?

[

Ah, the Win 7-10 free upgrade and steadily declining functionality of WMC is what has finally prompted me to migrate, though I have been playing with both MP1 and 2 for some while. I shall miss TunerfreeMCE and MyMovies:(s but MP1 seems to offer good alternatives.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The Ortek VRC-1100 is also known as the Adesso ARC-1100, the Auvisio VRC-1100, the Gmyle, the Hama 00052451, and the Sanoxy VRC-1100. Although there are MP users who use the Ortek, it is not without its problems, and is probably not the best choice for an MP remote control.

Further to the above please note that in MP 1.12 the InputDeviceMappings folder path is now:-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings\

Placing the modified mapping file here (overwriting the original version) rather than in a new folder in ProgramData........ works fine and should avoid any conflicts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom