Howto: Mediaportal with Vista (1 Viewer)

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Sorry, I've been very very busy lately doing some renovations. I haven't had a chance to touch the HTPC in a couple of weeks! I'll clean up my guide, put it into a PDF file and post it in a week or so. I hope you can wait.

Hi Damaster,

how is your guide? when do you expect it to be ready? Really looking forward to it!

grtz!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Justchill

What exactly do you wish to know, minimum UAC needs to be disabled, for htpc use this is not a problem, if you want to get rid of all annoying messages, then full admin account needs to be enabled and used.

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Justchill

What exactly do you wish to know, minimum UAC needs to be disabled, for htpc use this is not a problem, if you want to get rid of all annoying messages, then full admin account needs to be enabled and used.

Hi,

I need to know what can be stripped in Vlite and what codecs that should be installed voor Vista. I also need to know various register tweaks for vista; but especially the vlite guide..

metagrobolis

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    Guys, so whats the final word on MP + Vista? From what I'm reading here, my planned MP + Vista (for EVR) build should be stable, with H.264 DXVA acceleration using PDVD7, yes? Could anyone please confirm that this is a stable/working combination.

Much thanks!

PS: I read someplace that using EVR disables HA ... is this true?

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Guys, so whats the final word on MP + Vista? From what I'm reading here, my planned MP + Vista (for EVR) build should be stable, with H.264 DXVA acceleration using PDVD7, yes? Could anyone please confirm that this is a stable/working combination.

Much thanks!

PS: I read someplace that using EVR disables HA ... is this true?

Hi sorry for late reply;

- I managed to strip vista with vlite, it runs very fast now without all the unnecessary stuff

- I have Vista Media Center; DXVA inside VMC is NOT working
    - DXVA with WMP11 is working
    - subtitles + DXVA is NOT working
    - Yes you need powerdvd ultra 8.0

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

well actually alot!

Just keep the essential things like internet etc... Remove all unnecessary stuff. Also keep Vista media center (just in case).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom