[HowTo] Use Gamepads to control MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
yes Moltas, that works!
The gamepad is just an additional/complementary way of controlling MP!

Daniel

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
sickboy,

sickboy said:
if I launch the games directly, I have no problems. Except one game Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. I can't exit this game.

well, I send a "kill task" / "close task" to the launched game. This is not super-clean and it should be tough to get it working on games that do not allow <ALT>-<F4> or task-killing....
Not sure if there is a solution for these games!

sickboy said:
Another thing, I played a bit with the settings, the games and my pad, and MP lost the settings twice.

Backup the MediaPortal.xml... I remember a long time ago that there were situations where you could get an empty 0-byte xml. Is that true in your case?

Thanks,

Daniel

Slyder0244

Portal Member
February 22, 2005
works great glad this made it into mp makes it easier when you are ready to play games and you don't have to switch back 'n forth as much

i also use a usb adapter for my ps2 controller waeberd i use the one from smartjoy that can be found at http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?na...60&PHPSESSID=52e23862bac61a9659b9e30ab00bc0a1 it works great i love it for playing with emulators i had tried some usb controllers a couple of years ago but they all worked horribly one thing i wondered about doing is getting a wireless ps2 controller and then using it with the adapter i think that would work pretty well and plus it would be wireless

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Slyder,

I use the ps2/N64 combo adaptor from lik-sang. Bought 2 original N64 controllers from e-Bay for the Project64 emulator :)
Works great indeed! No drivers needed (XP), pads are registered as "normal" windows gamedevices etc.

The only problem is - I have no time to play the fantastic game collection! :)

tkortell

Portal Pro
April 13, 2005
Vaasa / Sulva
Home Country
Finland Finland
Thanks for all the sugestions people :) I think I will go with the logitech cordles cause I just hate wires :)

Is there any good PS or PS2 emulators and ROMs out there? Where can I find thees?

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
tkortell said:
Is there any good PS or PS2 emulators and ROMs out there? Where can I find thees?

* PS: check out ePSXe!
* PS2: only experimental emus around

ROMs? See elsewhere.... :), you'll rather need ISO-Image files for PS-games!

Daniel

sickboy

Portal Member
September 22, 2004
Berlin, Germany
Hi Daniel,

waeberd said:
sickboy,

sickboy said:
if I launch the games directly, I have no problems. Except one game Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. I can't exit this game.

well, I send a "kill task" / "close task" to the launched game. This is not super-clean and it should be tough to get it working on games that do not allow <ALT>-<F4> or task-killing....
Not sure if there is a solution for these games!
For me that's no problem, because it's just this single game.

waeberd said:
sickboy said:
Another thing, I played a bit with the settings, the games and my pad, and MP lost the settings twice.

Backup the MediaPortal.xml... I remember a long time ago that there were situations where you could get an empty 0-byte xml. Is that true in your case?

No, MP lost only the settings of the "Kill-Combo". All the other settings were still there. So who knows what I did wrong. I was not able to reproduce this. :roll:

bye, sick

tkortell

Portal Pro
April 13, 2005
Vaasa / Sulva
Home Country
Finland Finland
tkortell wrote:

* PS: check out ePSXe!
* PS2: only experimental emus around

ROMs? See elsewhere.... , you'll rather need ISO-Image files for PS-games!

Daniel

Ohh, thanks for pointing that out for me Daniel :) I'm quite new in this emulator stuff. I'll try to find some images then.

btw, does it work with the original game to??

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
btw, does it work with the original game to??

yeah! ePSXe can run Playstation-CDs from your CD-Drive!
There are some issues with a few copy-protected games, but usually, it runs very nicely!

Enjoy,

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom