htbackdrops down... forever? (2 Viewers)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No Problem.

1. Open the notepad with admin privileges. To do so, open the Windows Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad, click "Notepad" with a right-click and select "Run as administrator", select "Yes" on question of the UAC.
    2. In Notepad, search and open the file "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts".
    3. Add the line

188.138.90.170 htbackdrops.com

and save.

4. Reboot.

That should be it. Please be aware, if the IP of htbackdrops.com should change in the future, you must delete the line again.

Other option: Wait for the DNS records to be changed, this is when htbackdrops.com should come back to life, thus also restoring full functionality for the program.

Edit: infiniteloop was faster.

Last edited:

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    Requiem,
    I'm assuming that this temp. fix is for Windows 7. However i'm using Vista Ultimate and I can't find this file. When I right click on notepad and run as administrator I don't see the UAC question. I also can't find the "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts". file.
    I need help as I am one of those lost souls who cleared their scraper before htbackdrops.com went down.

Would appreciate your help on this one as this an awesome site for fanart and thumbs as I have a large music data base.

Thanks.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mediacowboy just answered it. The file should be in the same location in Vista. The notepad will show only files with the suffix .txt by default, so just do as mediacowboy advised: In the Open File dialogue of Notepad, just select to show all files, then edit the hosts file as mentioned above.

Should you still not be successful, all you have to do is wait until the DNS Records are updated as requested by the site owner, this may take a few days, then everything should be back to normal.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is the domain transfer even running already? usually this does not take so long for the various DNS to update.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I contacted the domainholder and asked him to restore the DNS records for htbackdrops.com and I hope that we will be fully reachable again shortly!

At least this is what JAyhunter as site owner told. So I guess we'll see htbackdrops.com back online in a short period.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    DNS updates only take 24hrs to work - if it's not there yet I guess the domain holder is a little slack!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hi,

I received this from my contact at htbackdrops on the 9th of July.

"The server is finally back up and I hope that the domainholder will update
    the DNS records quickly."

Sounds as if we will soon have this working again :)

cheers
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom