htbackdrops down... forever? (1 Viewer)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I see the site still isn't up. Is htbackdrops.org completely the same and is it wise to update the url in the plugin to the .org url to fix it easily for everyone?

Last edited:

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    Requiem,
    Reference your setup for htbackdrops.com Host IP. I was able get to the "Notepad" and I found a setup description and some sample files. I deleted this and typed in the parameters for htbackdrops as shown in my attachment Please tell me if my setup is correct and if not, tell me what is correct. I tried scraping and didn't get anything. Also what browser does fanart use to get to htbackdrops, if this means anything.

Thanks

Attachments

• Host.jpg
      Host.jpg
      34 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

A new version of FH will come in a day or so. I have been advised by Tobias from htbackdrops to use the .org address permanently, so the new version will do just that :)

cheers
    cul8er

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Requiem,
    Reference your setup for htbackdrops.com Host IP. I was able get to the "Notepad" and I found a setup description and some sample files. I deleted this and typed in the parameters for htbackdrops as shown in my attachment Please tell me if my setup is correct and if not, tell me what is correct. I tried scraping and didn't get anything. Also what browser does fanart use to get to htbackdrops, if this means anything.

Thanks
    Sorry, have been on holiday and did not read. Fortunately, others were faster than I an cul8er has the ultimate solution by just updating the plugin :)

drav666

Portal Member
    December 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi cul8er,

I appreciate all your hard work with this essential plugin. I've just upgraded to v3.1.0.000 but am still not getting any music fanart - my fanarthandler.log is reporting the following:

03-Aug-2013 08:36:43 Error [ Scraper]: getImages: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 188.138.90.170:80
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    at FanartHandler.Scraper.HtBackdropGetFanart(String artist, Int32 iMax, DatabaseManager dbm, Boolean reportProgress, Boolean doTriggerRefresh, Boolean externalAccess, Boolean doScrapeFanart)

A ping test also reveals no response:

C:\Windows\system32>ping www.htbackdrops.org

Pinging www.htbackdrops.org [188.138.90.170] with 32 bytes
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 188.138.90.170:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Does anyone have any suggestions re. what I might be doing wrong or is anyone aware if the site has gone down again?

Cheers.

drav666

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does anyone have any suggestions re. what I might be doing wrong or is anyone aware if the site has gone down again?
    These sites are going to be using a lot of bandwidth and perhaps he does not have the hosting to cope with it?

In the meantime you can try https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/music-info-bios-fanart-thumbs-cdart.120546/ which will fill in some music fanart / album thumbs from fanart.tv / theaudiodb.com (still a very early prototype of something I am working on)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Again down? Oh no... I've just upgraded to 1.4.0, and again I've lost my fanart... XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom