HTPC style mouse+keyboard ? (1 Viewer)

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
DiNovo rulez in a sitting room.
Its keyboard is first class and great design.
Its mouse (MX900) had topped (as it was also sold stand-alone) reviews for quite some time.
Its MediaPad IS usable from in MP (and screen utilized! a functionality I found MORE effective than my case's VFD since the VFD is 3-4m from me, while MediaPad is in my hand or on the table beside me).
It is also bluetooth with great range. (and usable as generic bluetooth in case you need it for something else - like for a cell phone - even has software for it)
10/10

Then the Premier Legue probably comes with Gyration products - but only for their "3D" mice/remotes (and now a new MCE compatible comes that will happily replace my Marmitek remote).

I would NEVER suggest IR for HTPC (sorry). RF or bluetooth is the way to go. By far.

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
ASiDiE said:
Mine is IR... so it's wireless... You really don't want a wired keyboard for a HTPC.... thats really not the point.
I think you misunderstand me I want it to be wireless but some wireless are PS/2 and others are USB. I currently am currently using a Logitech Wireless Keyboard and a trackball. They both work wirelessly, are PS/2 so will wake the machine. However they are a bit bulky so don't have the GAF.

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
ziphnor said:
I know MS makes one, but does it work with WinXP SP2+MP(or can be made to?) and is it any good?

It's compatible "out of the box" with :

Windows MCE

With the installation of a driver (available on MS website) with :

Windows XP Pro + SP2

With some tweaking on (a thread on these forums ) :

Windows XP Home + SP2

Once it works with Windows it fully works in MediaPortal.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Trombon said:
    I have the Amitech minikeyboard on the second picture and I'm satisfied with it. It's also cheaper than the MS keyboard here in Sweden

Could you list the price, because i could only find the amitech keyboard for 799dkr, while the MS keyboard costs 'only' ~400dkr. How usable is the thumb mouse thing? Doesnt the IR communication cause problems?

NLS said:
    DiNovo rulez in a sitting room.
    Its keyboard is first class and great design.
    Its mouse (MX900) had topped (as it was also sold stand-alone) reviews for quite some time.

Im not interested in something with a seperate mouse, its too much clutter.

i'm using the same btc kbd as chili... and i'm quite happy with it, pretty inexpensive too...

It seems like the better choice, since its RF, im not too big a fan of IR, usually its pretty dodgy, but where can i get this keyboard, i cant seem to find it on the price databases i normally look to. (Im in Denmark for reference, but a european web store would be OK).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom