HTPC with 42" Plasma ? (1 Viewer)

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
I also have a 37" Panasonic Plasma and I use MP on it since I bought it. There are absolutely no burning effects at all. My wife (and sometimes me too) often lets the MP home screen on the screen for 1 or 2 hours. Once we forgot it for 6 hours. Effect: NOTHING. I think it´s important to have a quality screen (no discount screens), and lower the brightnes and contrast a lot. I set it to 30%, and that´s enough.

Also the logo burning effect while watching CNN can´t be true. I don´t know how it is on CNN, but if the is a commercial here in germany, the logo isn´t there. So there is max. 30 minutes for the logo to burn in before a commercial break, and that is not enough. But the 5 minutes break is enough to normalize this part of the screen.

nzmike

Portal Member
January 21, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Re: LogoAway?

BishopZA said:
It would be quite useful to plasma owners if there was a way to use the free LogoAway filter (see here) in MP. Or is there already a way that I'm not aware of?

Cheers!

For anyone going to this page - there is a nasty Trojan on it!!!

Luckily NOD32 (the best virus app out there) caught it but others may not be so lucky so be warned!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom