HTPC won't go in standby after 30 minutes (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I ran into the same issue after i upgraded to Win 8.1 on my HTPC. My HTPC does not have a TV Card, but i had the same SYSTEM event preventing sleep.
    Open a command prompt and execute the following command:
    Powercfg -requestsoverride Driver "Legacy Kernel Caller" System

That should fix it.
    Thread prefix updated ;)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had only NPO 1 checked for EPG but when doing this I got no EPG at all.
    In order to be sure, you need to clean all data first before running a new test. There will be no new EPG data pulled if the cycle time, e.g. 120 min, has not been elapsed yet.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    NPO 1 is the only channel checked for me also, and it works great (Ziggo 9001).
    You need to give it some time (a few minutes) and maybe it needs to be idle also (depends on your settings)

My settings:
    DVB_EPG.JPG

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I ran into the same issue after i upgraded to Win 8.1 on my HTPC. My HTPC does not have a TV Card, but i had the same SYSTEM event preventing sleep.
    Open a command prompt and execute the following command:
    Powercfg -requestsoverride Driver "Legacy Kernel Caller" System

That should fix it.
    Thread prefix updated ;)

Thank you I already found this override or something similair on the internet but I think it doesn't work but i've applied your again, hopefully this will work out.

In order to be sure, you need to clean all data first before running a new test. There will be no new EPG data pulled if the cycle time, e.g. 120 min, has not been elapsed yet.

yes I did, based on the wiki starting the epg grabber manually will clean the whole epg guide.

NPO 1 is the only channel checked for me also, and it works great (Ziggo 9001).
    You need to give it some time (a few minutes) and maybe it needs to be idle also (depends on your settings)

My settings:
    View attachment 158887

I'm not on Ziggo but Delta but I will give it another try. Thank you for the hints, did you also configure one channel in radio epg grabber?[DOUBLEPOST=1418596742][/DOUBLEPOST]It seems NPO 1 really doesn't work. I did only select NPO 1 and waited for 15 minutes but still nothing I selected all channels again and had a full epg guide within 5 minutes. I already did a google search but couldn't find out which channel is used for the epg guide, so I think I have to try them all which is quite some work:eek:

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It seems I finally get this, it does get EPG when only selecting NPO 1 but the grabbing while timeshifting is only working when tuning NPO1 now since that's the only channel set to grab EPG. I expected it to work like my second tuner was grabbing EPG from NPO 1 even when my first tuner is tuned to another channel. This is only a problem while watching tv. But in the past I had problems with empty EPG when not enabling "grab epg while timeshifting". Not sure if this will happen again since it was with the world cup earlier this year when the tv was on 24/7, so never idle:D:p

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    did you also configure one channel in radio epg grabber?
    I'm not using DVB Radio (i hate 'wasting' a tuner on it), but use Webstreams. I've tried it a couple of times to get the Radio EPG grabbed also, but never got it to work.

in the past I had problems with empty EPG
    The option 'Always try to fill holes' might help there also.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi thank you for the hints.

My htpc did a scheduled backup today and went into standby after a half hour nicely:)

It's set to only NPO 1 now and Omroep zeeland for radio epg.

However it seems most of the radio channels don't have epg only a few.

Thank you for all the help i'm really happy this finally works now:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom