HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

m6242

Portal Member
May 24, 2009
Tanks you for your help.

1. Symbols: The correct folder for MP 1.1 Alpha is C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin
Now i have symbols.

2. I made a picture so you can see what i mean.

Regards M6242

Attachments

• IMAGE_018.jpg
    IMAGE_018.jpg
    406.8 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Tanks you for your help.

1. Symbols: The correct folder for MP 1.1 Alpha is C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin
Now i have symbols.

2. I made a picture so you can see what i mean.

Regards M6242

Hi m6242,
attached you find a adapted version of HTPCInfo skin file for Blue3wide v1.0.1.
Before you copy this xml-file to your skin directory, please install the latest version of HTPCInfo. This is required to support changes in regard to that plugin, which are actually installed on your machine.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

m6242

Portal Member
May 24, 2009
Thank you now it looks correctly.

Really great stuff !!

But still a question, with this config file. When i enter "CPU" as you said, then my first temperatur is missing. Instead it shows something else. I still have no idea how to you use this. Perhaps can you attache a prefilled config file ?

M6242

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.0

Hi m6242,
again: the speedfan values depends from your installed hardware (better from your sensor chip). Because of this, each users with a different hardware needs different configurations.
When you enter CPU in the first field of configuration dialog and save this settings, you must also edit your skin file. To do this, please go to your skin file, open the file htpcinfo.xml with an editor and search for #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature0 ("0" means first field in configuration dialog). Replace this with #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU ("CPU" is the value, which you had entered before), start MediaPortal and you see the value correctly.
Ok, all of these settings are optional. It is not required to use it, the default skin file will also use only numbers. The idea behind this configuration method is only to help skinners or developers to use "speaking" names instead of numbers.

EDIT: To get informations, which values are reported from Speedfan and in which order, please open Speedfan and take a look to the main screen (see attachment).

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.1

Dear all community members,
today a new version of this plugin is available. It offers new properties and a lot of useful functions to manage your HTPC.
To have a clear separation between the properties, #HTPCInfo.Domain and #HTPCInfo.Workgroup are now obsolete. Because of this, please copy the new skin file to your directory or replace both properties with #HTPCInfo.NetworkDomain and #HTPCInfo.NetworkWorkgroup inside your adapted skin file. Thx for understanding.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

m6242

Portal Member
May 24, 2009
Hi Microplois,

how about making an MPI File ? Would be much easier for all users
Does your new version now support the blue3wide skin ?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi m6242,
a installer for this plugin is a very good idea, but at the moment I don't have enough informations and/or knowledge to build a mpi/mpe1 installer file. Any suggestions, ideas?
Also I can't support all existing skins with a separate skin file for this plugin. Here it would be wonderful, when skinners can support me, because I don't have the time to develop plugins and to adapt skins. If you want to help me, you are welcome.
Last but not least: There is no adapted version for the blue3wide skin, please make the changes themselves and post it here in this thread, thx.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

m6242

Portal Member
May 24, 2009
OK sorry I can't help because i dont have any knowledge about C#. I searched but i didn't found anything how to make an mpe file.

Do you have a case with display ? It would be nice, if HTPC Infos will be shown on lcd / VFD display.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi m6242,
yes, I have a case with a 7" touch screen called OrigenAE S16T. But in my opinion, MediaPortal does not offer the functionality to display the informations everytime on the lcd/vfd display.
To ensure, that MediaPortal informations are displayed on my touch screen, I use the TouchScreen LCD display plugin. This offers the possibility to clone the main display.
The only chance to show the informations on the secondary display is to develop a standalone windows application. This is not in scope at the moment.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom