HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just installed your latest version and in MP says: "Missing or invalid file:" and nothing more - no filename, no nothing, just black screen. Any ideas?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.1

Hi catavolt,
    please check, if you had copied all required libraries (htpcinfo.dll, SpeedfanConnector.dll and NTPConnector.dll) to your existing plugin folder.
    If this not works, I need your current MediaPortal version and a excerpt from the last log file. Only then I have the chance to check, which exception does not handled correctly on your specific HTPC configuration, thx.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OFC all is in it´s place. Nothing in the logs, just black screen with the a.m. message. You may imagine that I do have sufficient experience with MP to help me myself if something goes wrong. Before installing the new version all worked as expected, made up a nice layout for my PureVision skins, and after installing the new version I just receive the black screen. BTW: Windows 7 64Bit, MP 1.1.0 ALPHA with latest SVN. After reinstalling the old version all is displayed again as expected.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.1

Hi catavolt,
    I know that you are an expert for MediaPortal, so please do not misunderstand.
    Tomorrow, after my job-orientated trip, I'll check the new version against the latest SVN release and give you a feedback.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are the screenshots and now I have a log entry as well:

2009-08-26 20:03:54.753898 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Settings.GUISettings.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 newWindowId, Boolean replaceWindow)

This is from opening the htpcinfo.xml (which I adapted to the new params as well).

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
      Image1.jpg
      145.2 KB
    • Image2.jpg
      Image2.jpg
      35.9 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.2

Hi catavolt,
    after an intensive search I hope, that the "black screen" is fixed now. The problem occurs in Win7 (x32/x64-Edition), because the exception handling for httpclient-webrequests (no internet connection, network card disabled) is a little bit different than in Vista.
    Please try the new version and post a small feedback, thx.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all :D for your efforts. The black screen is still there - and it has nothing to do with the handling for httpclient-webrequests in Windows 7 - because the version before functioned without problems and like a charm on the same Windows 7 system. If I reinstall your previous version, all is fine - so it cannot be the fix you applied. And I want to say I´m very sorry if I sounded a bit rude in #33 - wasn´t my intention and hopefully you take my excuses. ;)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi catavolt,
    the change between version 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 is the introduction of more network related functions (external IP address etc.). To get these informations, a webrequest function was implemented. This and the new button functions are the major changes.
    Ok, but this information lead us nowhere. A second chance is to search the problem in the near of [DLLImport] of some Win32 functions in conjunction with an x64 environment. Give me a new try, i hope I have the chance to help you then. And: a very warm welcome for your help.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

MarcosQui

Portal Member
    August 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi Micropolis, in new version (after 0.5.0) i have a problem, see:

htpc 1.png

In old version (xml) works OK:

htpc 2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom