[Question] HTTP Live Streaming Issues (1 Viewer)

jwdempsey

Portal Member
April 25, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I increased the length of each segment to 11 but I don't think it made much off a difference, neither did adding a call to sleep(). I did notice a new error in my logs (I think):

ERROR: StreamCopy transinput: Failure in outer stream copy

I am also attaching my full logs. Thanks for all of your help Oxan.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, that's interesting. The TsBuffer seems to have problems with detecting the timeshifting files, which then causes problems when data is read from it. I'm going to try to reproduce that.

jwdempsey

Portal Member
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Hmm, that's interesting. The TsBuffer seems to have problems with detecting the timeshifting files, which then causes problems when data is read from it. I'm going to try to reproduce that.

If you need me to try anything and send you logs for debugging purposes let me know. I would be happy to help.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

If you need me to try anything and send you logs for debugging purposes let me know. I would be happy to help.
    I'll probably create a debug build for you, but that will take until Wednesday ;)

jwdempsey

Portal Member
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country

I'll probably create a debug build for you, but that will take until Wednesday ;)

That works for me. Thanks again!

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can change the segment length by replacing seglen=7 with seglen=10 (for example) in the relevant profile in C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\StreamingProfiles.xml. Note that VLC generally makes the segments a bit shorter than specified.
    This has fixed HTTP live streaming errors on my Motorola XOOM device. Thanks!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, took a bit longer, but here it is. Could you stop the service, replace MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.* in the installation directory with the attached files, delete all your existing log files and restart the service again? Then try again and post your logs. Thanks!

Attachments

• WSS for HLS debugging (v0.5.3-based).zip
      125.8 KB

jwdempsey

Portal Member
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. Here are some updated logs after replacing the MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.* files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom