Hulu Desktop (1 Viewer)

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
Same issue for me with losing focus... I've tried the "hide mp while executing" option both true/false and get the same behavior. This would work flawlessly except for this minor annoying inconvenience (I'm glad I'm not the only one though). I've gone as far as trying a program that supposedly pins apps to the top but I still get the same behavior.

samundsen

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Houston, TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It's not loosing focus for me, and the only thing I entered into MultiShortcut to launch Hulu Desktop was the name, folder and executable. Hulu Desktop launches with focus and stays in the foreground until it is closed. And I have to say, this app is AWESOME. A major CPU hog, but a fantastic addon to my HTPC.

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
Except Hulu uses Flash, not Silverlight, so your theory doesn't hold up.

How are you all setting this up in Multishortcut so the remote switches to it? My MCE remote still controls MediaPortal, not Hulu Desktop, even when it's in the background.

Well, then too bad flash video sucks so bad. The tearing is unwatchable...

We can argue semantics if you like, but Netflix and Hulu tear worse than anything I've ever seen.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Except Hulu uses Flash, not Silverlight, so your theory doesn't hold up.

How are you all setting this up in Multishortcut so the remote switches to it? My MCE remote still controls MediaPortal, not Hulu Desktop, even when it's in the background.

Well, then too bad flash video sucks so bad. The tearing is unwatchable...

We can argue semantics if you like, but Netflix and Hulu tear worse than anything I've ever seen.

We're not arguing semantics (technically, what you wanted to say was, don't be pedantic, but that wouldn't apply either) - you said, too bad it uses Silverlight, it tears just as bad as Netflix which also uses Silverlight. I pointed out that Hulu does not, in fact, use Silverlight.

Not everyone has tearing issues. In fact, quite a few don't. Instead of chalking it up to an unfixable issue why not look in to why it's tearing for you?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Not everyone has tearing issues. In fact, quite a few don't. Instead of chalking it up to an unfixable issue why not look in to why it's tearing for you?

I agree, I do not have ANY tearing issues with Hulu or Netflix on my server or 3 clients. How fast is your internet connection?

BobMysterios

Portal Member
    December 13, 2007
    Tearing is common if you don't have vysnc enabled. Perhaps your flash doesn't have HW acceleration enabled either. I'd check both - and this is surely a fixable issue.

For me, I do get slight tearing in Silverlight, but none in flash.

The strangest thing happens. Hulu Desktop takes about 1min to load when launched from MP. If I click the shortcut directly its instant. It takes so long you forgot you wanted it to load and you've given up and decided to go somewhere else in MP and then *p00f* Hulu Desktop loads.

Anyone else having this issue? This is on my test box, so perhaps thats the issue. It is due for a format and reinstall.

junkiepilot

Portal Member
    May 11, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tip

Non-US users can access this content by using:

AnchorFree

This is tested and working in the UK.

Only problems I have are some aspects of the remote do not work: Left, right, up, down, enter(ok) work fine.

How do you use Previous (back)? And are Play, pause etc... supposed to work?

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    kinda works
    The first issue I had was on the MP general settings page I had "allways keep MP on top" checked If you hapen to have this it will launch hulu but return to MP home, with hulu running in background.
    I unchecked that and it now launches but the remote is not working. I use the Hauppauge remote and have it configured as shown in the attached image.

Anyone having any luck with using the Hauppauge remote?
    thanks...

Attachments

• remote.jpg
      remote.jpg
      90.2 KB

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Pretty sure Hulu desktop is only set up for MCE remotes. If your remote emulates MCE it might work if you set it to do that. I'd check over on the Hulu forums.

Myself, I can't get "stop" or "pause" to work once I'm playing media, although I can ffw/rw, etc through it. And I'm using an MCE remote. So apparently it's still a little wonky, remote wise.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Ixian,
    If you hit the OK button, doest that bring up the menu and pause?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom