Hulu Desktop (1 Viewer)

mdg78

Portal Member
February 23, 2009
Providence, RI
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm not using an MCE remote, but a touchscreen programmable. I'm using translator to map to hulu. I have up/down buttons to volume and ok, an exit button, and ff/rew that all work without a problem. The only problem that you might run into with translator is if you have codes mapped in IRSS in MPconfig, and then map them in translator again, it might cause the code to work in both Hulu and MP at the same time (not what you want to do).

Also, if this helps anyone, I don't know if anyone else still has the problem with MP gaining focus on exit but this is how I solved it: I mapped a home button in IRSS and made it force focus. My remote now sends a macro that exits hulu then sends a command to go to home screen, which forces MP focus.

Michael

fk00gsr

Portal Member
April 18, 2010
I am running Vista with the Hulu desktop App and have multishortcut linked with it. However, everytime I click on Hulu from MP it opens Hulu desktop but after exiting Hulu MP doesnt start up again. Any ideas?

I have it set as

True - Hide MP
True - Restart MP
True - Stop MP Player
False - Start MP Player

customized

Portal Member
May 8, 2009
Home Country
I've never had MP start back up after using hulu, it'd be nice to have it auto restart.

My solution is to have a button on my remote (Harmony 550) that launches MP.

Sorry, no automatic solution that I know of.

fk00gsr

Portal Member
April 18, 2010
There definitely is a way to do it since on my XP machine it works perfect but for some reason on Vista it doesnt do it. Settings are identical. Very odd...

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    There definitely is a way to do it since on my XP machine it works perfect but for some reason on Vista it doesnt do it. Settings are identical. Very odd...

Why don't you launch a batch file with Multishortcut to do that? This is the batch file I wrote to do that, just take out the stuff for the irremote....

"The batch file Kills MP, starts IRremote, starts huludesktop, waits for huludesktop to close, kills irremote, restarts MP
    this will work for most untill someone with programming skills makes a real plug-in to launch huludesktop
    enjoy...
    "
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/hulu-desktop-60585/index4.html#post487288

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    I am running Vista with the Hulu desktop App and have multishortcut linked with it. However, everytime I click on Hulu from MP it opens Hulu desktop but after exiting Hulu MP doesnt start up again. Any ideas?

I have it set as

True - Hide MP
    True - Restart MP
    True - Stop MP Player
    False - Start MP Player
    Try using
    False - Hide MP

And having MP stay on top and Minimize to tray on gui exit set to false in the general settings of MP config.

This works for me in RC5 on vista 32bit (you also need to recreate your shortcuts the latest version of multishortcut if you upgrade from 1.0.x). I had previously been using the batch file method, but the long reboot times for MP started getting frustrating as I am switching from MP to Hulu desktop to boxee to power-dvd for blu-ray playback on a regular basis. I am using a hauppauge remote so I can config each programs controls individually, and I have a way of using the Netflix plug-in without MP keeping control of the remote. Switching from MP to boxee to Hulu desktop is pretty much instantaneous.

You may want to try disabling UAC if you haven't already.

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
    October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Guys, if you're having trouble with a Hauppage remote still operating Media Portal while Hulu Desktop is open you don't need to run any scripts; all you have to do is allow external processes to use the remote. Under the remote's settings make sure that "External Processes May use the Remote" is checked, and "Keep Control when media portal loses focus" is unchecked.

modtang

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Wollongong, NSW
    Home Country
    Tip

Non-US users can access this content by using:

AnchorFree

This is tested and working in the UK.

Only problems I have are some aspects of the remote do not work: Left, right, up, down, enter(ok) work fine.

How do you use Previous (back)? And are Play, pause etc... supposed to work?

No good here in Australia. Tried it on a couple of my machines with no luck. Anyone found any other way to do it outside of US?

Along with Hotspot Shield, also download UltraSurf: UltraSurf

It's just an exe so put it on your Desktop or somewhere convenient. Start Hotspot and connect. Then start UltraSurf. I'm in AU and have been watching Hulu, NBC and other US content this way. It is slow, but it's better than nothing. Just let it buffer a bit before you watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom